Box Stock 26

LakeAnna

How do those of you that have run them feel they perform? I have two 26 choppers here and one runs like a 28... the other just runs 91-92 or so. They both carry the boat well but heck.. Just wondering, both are chopper II wheels. I'm at 1/4 below with 12 inch plate. 225x raised limiter and neat flywheel,,, Still just a great little river motor.

Last edited:

Myron

I have never seen 2 props run the same, when I used to test all the props were labbed run back to back, sometimes as much as 3-5 mph difference. Had a 30 chopper II that was labbed that was one of the test props it was the best prop I have ever ran by far.

catfish123

I have run several 28 pitch Chopper II's and one 26 pitch Chopper II on my XB2003. Overall, they ran well but the 28's were sent to Robbie Patterson for tweaking and they ran better after that. I recently ran the 28 Chopper II and my only dislike of it is in when comparing it to Hydromotive Quad IV OT's that Todd has tweaked. The Chopper has a fair amount of torque, even felt through the wheel with hydraulic steering. The Quad IV OT's do not have that feel at all, very smooth. I'm guessing part of that surely has to do with the large blades on the Chopper. I like them but not nearly as well as I'm liking the Hydomotive OT's and I have them in a few different pitches. Todd recently worked on the 26 and performed one of his "miracles" on it by tweaking it to be more than I ever thought it could be.

Last edited:

RedAllison

If you like a stock 26 chopper then beg borrow or steal one that's had Todd Bucknell's "Knob Cut" done to it. You'll be grinnin like a school kid and havin so much fun you'll be wonderin if the cops are watchin...

YEAH they're THAT good! :beer:
RA

LakeAnna

If you like a stock 26 chopper then beg borrow or steal one that's had Todd Bucknell's "Knob Cut" done to it. You'll be grinnin like a school kid and havin so much fun you'll be wonderin if the cops are watchin...

YEAH they're THAT good! :beer:

So, I guess I better get one boxed and on the way to Twinsburg!

Lotus 50

How is the Knob cut for a boat load of people? Eventually I need to get something for carrying 4 people in my SS2000.

LakeAnna

Get a chopper and the options are real good. Offshore or a knob from Hydro are good running props. Or spring the bucks for a Hoss.