Boating world XR2001 cover

Scott Gilmore

Does anyone have a nice quality pic of the Boating World ( I think that's the right name) issue with the XR2001RR on the cover ? Thanks ! Scott

Scott Gilmore

I wanted to see what the older style low fairing looked like but I can't really tell from this picture. Thanks anyway ! Scott :sad

ImbadBob

Scott,
Are you talking about the cover that is almost flat? I have seen one, but don't have a pic. I have thought about that as well. I have to raise the cover and trim up to get out of the driveway. Have you talked to Bill?
Bob

mdevrow

Having a short one cut down to flat should be finished this week,just wanted something to cover the battery and fuel tank while river riding.

Scott Gilmore

Scott,
Are you talking about the cover that is almost flat? I have seen one, but don't have a pic. I have thought about that as well. I have to raise the cover and trim up to get out of the driveway. Have you talked to Bill?
Bob
Yes bob that's what I'm talking about & I'll call Bill (seems like I heard $1000 OUCH !! ) Scott

Bobalouie

FFWD had RR for sale that had a pretty trick looking peice of canvas that matched the color of the boat that was snapped in to cover the rear. It looked pretty trick. Maybe you could do something like that?

Last edited:

john w

That looks pretty nice !!! I bet a canvas shop could make that for under $100.00

Scott Gilmore

Yea I've seen that, it's an option I guess BUT just doesn't look as cool as gelcoat. Wonder if I could find someone to make a fiberglass one ? Scott

allisonriverrat

yes jack would be probably best option since is is very familiar with xr... if that is the correct picture posted on this thread, you were talking about scott..... look very hard at it, that is the standard short(two seat) fairing in pic... the color layout makes it apear to be lowprofile but it is at top of motor

allisonriverrat

and oh yes mr gilmore.. lol.. which rr do you own now??? pics? if you got it it must be a nice one. may you can show your butt up in clifton and hang on beach,:)