Boating Trips

Casey G

After I sold my race boat about 3 years ago, I pretty much stopped going to races and started putting miles on my XB02. We

Casey G

Yep the 280 is still on it and with a little tweaking on the ACU it’s by far the smoothest running motor I’ve ever had, it’s never skipped a beat! Once our new house is built and my garage is set up I plan on pulling it down and putting new pistons in it. I’ve also sold Amanda on a new console, so it will soon be center steer. She’s actually been pushing me to race it some. I had a room and was ready to go for Mt Pleasant but work got in the way.

patches

I wish some of y'all from Houston would come back out. You, Denny, Jason, Trae, Mike, and Acie have some nice, fast boats. Y'all could make a good Lake Racer class by yourselves. Lol

Casey G

Jason's boat is ready, he just has been busy. Since Dennis got a new boat i'm sure he'll be back. Trae and i talk about it all the time and really like the stock 280 weight............. we'll see?

jimbob88

Amistad is alot of fun. Been a few years but really enjoyed that lake. Stayed at ruthies up the devils river.?.

Alli-drenaline Rush

Thanks for sharing the photos Casey.... That chapel or whatever it is in folio 1 (about photo 70) was underwater in 2007....

Jr in Jax

You need to bring it to Florida for a week or two of the best boating there is. We have a Suwannee get-together coming up Labor Day....

Casey G

I basically grew up boating on Travis and have been to most of the lakes in Texas and a lot in the southern us. I

Alli-drenaline Rush

Amistad is real big, especially when your gearcase locks up in Caballo and a generous Skeeter rep tows you back to Box Canyon and your fishing club buddy tows you back to Diablo East. :)

Agree that it's one of the most beautiful lakes in Texas, and one in which every cast feels like the one where you could land a 10-pounder......

Casey G

Man that would suck, you definitely owed that Skeeter rep a few beers. And from Box to Diablo? I would have been looking for a ride to Diablo and driving my truck back. That

Casey G

I do just because, but honesty it's not needed. I’ve never felt unsafe or seen anything I didn’t like. It’s nothing like Falcon, even then I don’t think I’d really worry about it.

jimbob88

Great pics!! Where is that lookout? We never made it over to box canyon. Castle, rough, & down to black brush were our main fishing areas. We were there the year after the first elite tourney was there. Limited time frame so we tried breaking down smaller areas. How far down is the water level? If it's really low, fishing has to be outstanding in certain spots!!! Makes an awesome winter get away.