BOAT SET UP

Larry D

:?: I have a 1999 xr2001 that i race in DSRA modified class. I have a problem i've been fighting for over a year. When i get to about 1100 - 1200 ft into the run the boat starts falling to the right real hard. I've tried moving weight around, lowered the engine. That didn't same to help. I have a bob's nosecone and torque tab on it. Sure could use some help. Engine height was @ 3/8 above the bottom, lowered it to 1/4 above. later Larry D

ALLISONMAN

LARRY try taking some bend out of your torque tab. Too much bend will cause one to roll right at speed

J

John Richied

I would either drop the engine (propshaft height) a tad more or just us less up trim.

I don’t have an XR-2001 but my XB-2002 does the same thing with my Yamaha drag props when I get the engine too high. Try dropping the engine down 1/8” at a time and run it again and again.

On my XB-2002 even or 1/8 below the pad works perfect with the Yamaha drag props.

Jimxb02

My XB 2002 does the same thing if I use too much trim. Like the above post suggests; experiment with trim and motor height.

Jim