Boat Fenders

tomoad

I'm wanting to stuff some of these in my Jackplate for better floatation & better holeshot, I've tried the ball deal & keep busting them, I dont have acces to my boat right off or i would measure myself. what width boat fender do I need to get? I have a Hydro Dynamics 12'' manual jack plate, can someone measure side to side and see what the width is. these fenders come in different width's 16'',18'' & 22'' and 4'' to 5'' at Bass Pro

allison xtb

Bought four small ones a wally. Let the air out put them in and then re-inflated. Caped both ends and works great.

whipper

Yes you dont need to inflate them hard. Just enough so they stay put. The setback bolts to the jack hold them in pretty good. I just tied a nice rope across the top of the setback and they stay. They wont go from the bottom out only push up from the top.

I use thinner soft balls over harder thick type. I think they might even be toy kids type? Those marine round balls seem to pop easy or loose air in the bumber style.

tomoad

I must of been pumping them up to hard, I kept blowing them, went to bass pro and got a big fender and a littler one and put in. works okay not nearly as good as a excercise ball I got but it was so big it blocked the hole in the back so water could drain out

jas638

Banned
i just bought two rubber dodge balls from modells tonight gonna give them a try !!! you guys got me thinkin of tryin this. will let ya all know how they work . i might even have room for three?

whipper

Those will work,you might have to pump them up more because of size? Mine are the size of a volly ball and when your out in the sun they get way harder from the heat. My set back is 10-12 they fit perfict. Ties two ropes across crossing in the middle. That will hold em in. Stuff partialy deflated with nozzles up. Then snug them in pumping them up semi hard leaving room for expantion.

Once you have that extra protection in such a simple form for back wash,holeshot and heavy loads youll notice it big time if you happen to loose one on the lake!!

Last edited: