Black lights on XB 21 2+2 - what do you use?

champ198

Since the boats have texture on the gunnel, there is no way to mount suction cut black lights. What do you guys do?

northGa

I wish I could remember the name of the company who made the arrangement shown on a program on the Outdoor Channel a few days ago. It was part of the rub rail, very nice set-up.

GotMyAlly

If i were going to put blacklights on my boat, I'd have the rubrail ones.

But, have you tried the ones that clip on your cap? I've got a big suction cup type stan sloan blacklight and it hasn't been out of my garage in years. I just keep a couple of the ones that clip on the bill of your hat in the glove box. Sure, theyre not as bright, but all you're trying to iluminate is your line. With it clipped to the bill of your hat, it's always pointed where you're looking. When I had the ones that stuck onto the boat, I found that I really needed two....one for the front and one for the back. One in the middle wasn't enough for two fishermen.

bassracr

I have used the Stan Sloan cordless super double lights for years ... I like them alot

dragmerc

for you guys with rubrail lights, did you get them for looks or convenience? i think i would like the convenience but not the look. are they as uv strong as moonlite? does anybody make a rubrail light without so many LEDs? thanks.

champ198

As a follow-up, I got two Nucli-Eye Atoms and modified them so that the suction mounts were moved to the back (like the Nucli-Extreme that no one has inventory!) They work great. I only need one on each side they are so bright.

jcon

I put in plugs & got the Nucli eye extremes & they are simply awesome.I got mine locally at Bunch Marine here in east Tn.You should be able to go to their website & order them,if not call them.They keep them in stock as well as the drop in plugs.

SmallJaw

Here is what I use on my BassPort. I'm just not going to use rubrail lights or drill holes in my top cap. Personal preferance is all. I bought some 12" and 18" articulating arms, machined them to fit my Punisher Ultimate light jacks, machined the bottoms to fit a an aluminum slide bar that I also made and had anodized red to match my boat. 2 each # 8 screws in each of the aluminum slide bars through the carpet into the deck holds things real tight and will leave no mark. My system works awesome. I can point my lights whever I want them; take them off easy when I'm done fishing, and the red anodized slide bars look good on my boat. The Nucli-Eye would also fit the same holders and system as what I use I'm sure since it's just a 1/4" jack.

Attachments

dragmerc

you better be on the lookout for new lights. everybody i know that bought those have already thrown them away because they won't warranty them. the LEDs burn out and switches go bad. they're even trying to sell lights with burnt out LEDs for a reduced price.

SmallJaw

you better be on the lookout for new lights. everybody i know that bought those have already thrown them away because they won't warranty them. the LEDs burn out and switches go bad. they're even trying to sell lights with burnt out LEDs for a reduced price.
You know I guess I'm just lucky on this but I bought 3 a couple of years ago and I've had zero problems with mine. I called Punisher and tried to order 2 more but Tim put the stop on all sales. His guy in the shop told me they were hoping to come out with a new model that was not sealed up this past August. I have not tried the Nucli-eye or moonlights or anything else out as far as the tiny LED's go so what is the brightest out there and do they offer anything with the green LED's too like the Punisher? That green light is the deal for fishing brushy banks at night.

dragmerc

this year's new moonlite full moon blows everything else away and the new green will light up the world. i haven't seen anything come close to the uv power of the new full moon.

SmallJaw

Not wanting to drill holes in my cap, and not trusting suction cups with $250 lights, I machined some aluminum bases about 1/2"HX3/4"WX4"L that have something similar to a dovetail cut to them and had them anodized red to match my boat. They look great BTW. I screwed them down next on the carpet close to the top cap in 4 places on my BassPort with SS wood screws. Then I bought some underwater aticulating camera light arms, 18" long, and simply slide them on my bases when I go fishing. Whether I use my Punisher lights or Nucli-eye, I just slip the light down into the hole in the articulating arm. Believe me, its not as hard or complicated as it sounds. Oh yea, I ordered some 1/4" X 10' long sound cords on Ebay and wired them up to fit a cig lighter receptacle. My blacklight system is out of the way in the daytime, not a mess at night, lights can be moved outside the boat away far enough to keep bugs off you, and are just plain old cool looking.