Black Box "Charge on the Run" from Stealth. New meter also. Much quicker recharge of the Lithium Trolling Motor batteries...

BigRWater

Had Barry's Mobile Marine take out my blue box "Charge on the Run" and install the Black Box from Stealth.

The black box starts charging the Lithium batteries much sooner than the Blue box.

New meter also. The voltage levels of the cranking battery and the lithium trolling motor batteries is always visible. I am told that with experience, I will come to know the state of the lithium batteries by watching the voltage.

Went out yesterday and really put the Ulterra through a good workout for about five hours total with some running of the big motor in between.
You can see the voltage slowing drop on the trolling motor batteries (39.8 down to 39.2) then come back up to 40.1 volts with a little bit of running.

The wind is suppose to be very low today at Crow Butte. I think I am going to go out today. Do a lot more running of the big motor. Though I will try to catch some fish, however I really want to see what I can learn about my new set up.

Does anybody else have this black box & meter set up?

DSC00141.jpgDSC00140.jpg

Last edited:

BigRWater

So you got your new boat rolling? Not running the Champion?
No, this is on Champ. I will be doing these next 2 tournaments in Champ.
I ordered the same exact setup for my Allison. Hope to have the Allison running and available asap, just in case something happens to Champ.
BTW - that recharger only weighs 3 pounds. others weigh 8 or 9 pounds.

allimax

I do with the older style voltmeter. System works great. I set mine up so I can read 12V, have it off, or read 24V for the trollers. Most have it read all the time but I wanted to kill it when not needed.