Bildge pump R&R

Larry33kc

I need to change out my pump because it is seized, how do you get the room to work on it? Does the Batt. tray come out? TIA

Blue Gray in PA

If you're working on a 2003, pulling the tray out will give you enough room to work easily. I also lay a thick blanket on the rear deck and over the wings for comfort and take off my belt to avoid scratching the gel coat when you're laying down. Nothing's worse than finishing a job and finding you damaged something else because you were concentrating on the job at hand. You may want to consider changing the live well pump at the same time since they're so close together an hard to get at. I did all three of mine at the same time so I know I'm good for a long time again. Good luck!

Larry33kc

Yes im sorry it is 2003. I am talking about the wood tray does it come out, if so how. TIA

GFinch

What wood tray? Pic's necessary. Mine had a plastic battery tray screwed down bridging over the pumps in front of the gas tank. If you have to take the gas tank out remove every thing that surronds the opening including thd plastic edge molding. Even then you'll need a shoe horn! The filler and vent tubes will try every bit of your patience.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
The only battery tray in the bilge area of mine is the one I put there. As far as I know there are only 2 battery trays in a 2003 and they are in the port and stbd compartments. Pics would help.

brotherxb03

I'll give you a little tip,heat the hose on the ends of the pumps a little with a heat gun or blow dryer and they will come off and go on a lot easier. Do not cut them,as everything is a tight fit and it will change the positioning of the hoses and pumps.

Last edited:

newell

Not to hi-jack the thread so I will post my bilge question seperately, although if follows the same lines.

I have a XTB-21, it also has the wood tray in there. I just removed the screws holding the plastic batt box down and the tray pulls right out. It is not secured to anything, just sits right down in there.

Off to post my question....