Best prop cut

Chance

With so many different cuts available, off shore,butterfly,bullet,Allison. What is the opinion of the best for an XB03 running a 225 mariner super mag with 260 electronics and a noseconed 200 lower unit. Also 14 inch rapid jack 1/4 below pad

gmorgan

Actu
Cool. Thanks guys
Actually, the big blade Chopper II if balanced, blueprinted and tuned by a custom propsmith gives up very little to the other cuts mentioned above. When loaded heavily, the full blade Choppers offer a little more lift than the cut down versions.

dubmoney

I agree with gmorgan said in the fist post, but I believe an uncut chopper will not be as fast as, a chopper cut to ET, or a real ET. I had Leading edge cut a Chopper II, he calls it an ET cut, and I have it up to 102-103. It runs as good as my real 28 ET, but spins a little faster for the equal speed.

Mazco RE 3 is a good prop, but I have not had one that was better than an ET, I imagine you could cut one to ET and it may be really good, but they are thin.

Hoss Triton is one that I would like to run, and some have had good results.

chad202

The triton wasn't to my liking but it may have been too big. It was a 31. With 1.78 gears it lugged the motor on topend.

Lotus 50

A 31 Triton was the fastest prop I ran on my SS2000 when I had my XR4. It wasn't a slug accelerating either, but nothing like the 225 PM that followed the XR4. A good modified prop on my SS2000 has been a Steve Smith worked 28 Trophy. A bit of blade thinning, what looks like less cup than my stock 26 Trophy. 93 with a 200XS. It was the best prop I tried with two in the front seats when I had my 225 PM.

catfish123

Chopper II's have always been faster on top end on my XB2003 than any other prop I have run.

dubmoney

Catfish what is your best top speed so far? What is your real name if you don't mind me asking. We are probably Facebook friends, but it is hard for me to cross reference when we don't have our real names on this forum.

catfish123

Catfish what is your best top speed so far? What is your real name if you don't mind me asking. We are probably Facebook friends, but it is hard for me to cross reference when we don't have our real names on this forum.
88.2 with a 200 Promax.....................97.1 with a 225X and 101.4 with a 280...............Bob Stine...............Have not run top end for years..............had an "issue" that opened my eyes concerning the potential dangers of it.