Best out bombing around prop.

whipper

What would your rather have on when out for the day buy your self? The snap and acceleration of a larger 4 blade or the pure top speed prop when just farten around for the day at the lake? Im heading to the lake right now. Im going to put my 30chopper11 on. The 28 is better out of the hole and in the midrange. If theres nothing but slow boats out there ill but the 28 on. I like the 28 better for its snap! But I dont want to get beat buy a boat I can take for haveing a slower prop on!banghead What a delema!! James

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

I usually run props more geared for top end running when I'm by myself. I don't want a boggy holeshot, but as long as it comes out fairly decent I'm happy. If I've got people with me, I'll usually run a mid-range prop. Most passengers are usually more tolerant of a 0-80 burst than they are of stringing it out for miles on end.

citabriatom

Since I can never be sure of what I want to do,I carry an extra prop and tools in the truck.Then I can change it if needed in shallow water at the ramp.

whipper

Thats what I did today to. There were only a few boats out. After I ran the lake with the 30pitch and seeing no threat I swtched to the 28DR4 which still gives 85. That was way funner!I had a nap out in the middle of the lake for an hour then just buzzed around. Very relaxing.:cool A few prop stands and an intentional bat turn later it was time to go home. Yes JR I have mastered the bat turn!:beer: I havent tryed it a 60 like you but at 50 is all i dare for now. Weeeee. At the ramp I noticed a big chip outa the gearcase so picked up some cathair on the way home. Man that stuff is awsome! With in an hour I sanded, applied, sanded to shape and painted,Cool stuff! Thursday and Saterday next times out. Cant wait. I need a brucato ACU so I can slap on the 28 and see 90 without a prop change! James

Rusrog

I like the acceleration of a smaller wheel. And really... How many times are you gonna have the water and the competition to REALLY air the boat out with a big wheel. I would much rather feel the punch of a short prop for 600 or 1000 ft.

whipper

Me to Rusdog. Heading out with the wifey today. No point putting the big wheel on with her in the boat. If i go 80 shes ok at 80.1 its slow down.:laughing i can only get 91 these days with the 30 anyway altitude and hot out so the smaller wheels make up the diffrance in fun factor for sure. I love weekday boating! James

Jimxb02

Sometimes it's just fun to try a prop that most guys don't run on Allisons.

Last week I put on a prop I had on another boat years ago; a 25" Merc Tempest ( through hub ).

I have no rev limiter on my mod Promax so it ran up to 8000 RPM at 93 GPS.

It has a good hole shot and it is a rocket in the mid range.

Jim

rc211v

James pull the 28p off and change out the 225x to a 300xs and put the 28p back on and snap your head back and still go over a 100+.
redundancy! because you can never be to sure! LOL

Attachments