beach area???

Allyfishing

Hi Roy,
I checked out the original post from Joe and here is a quote fro it:
Across the river is Sand Island with a large sandy beach for hanging out and there are various on the water bars and restaurants nearby as well.

I'm interested in the "water bars and restaurants nearby as well" part!! LOL!!!

Looks like the restaurant at the marina doesn't open til 11:00AM which means I'm gonna have to stock or fridge with breakfast goodies. I aint waiting til 11 o'clock to eat something!! LOL

And here is another quote:
The Tennessee River will be beautiful and the fishing will be really good as well (Ben and some of our other locals will be happy to share enough "secrets" to get you started I'm sure).

OK Ben....let's have it.....you can PM me if ya want to....I can keep a secret!! LOL!!! Is it worth a apple pie to go out one morning together??

etnprop

Roy its a real nice sandy beach area across the river from where we are staying. Some of the locals can jump in they know more about the area than I... we have rented the covered pavillon which will serve as "HQ" for the week. It has a grill and we plan to grill each evening depending on the wishes of the group. There are some good local hangouts for food and drink nearby so thats always an option. Craig - good idea to "stock up" for the mornings. Chris and I will post up some more detailed info this week.

Last edited:

Allyfishing

You bet Roy!! the prices for the breakfasts and the lunches are ridiculously low.....and dollar drafts on Sundays!!! Maybe we can talk them into dollar drafts for weekdays as well!! LOL!!!

Thanks for posting that info there Kruton!!

rmills280

sand island is good till the wknd then it gets crowded so ive been hanging out on half moon island it has a beach that has sand on one end but gets a little rocky on the other but you can anchor and get out in 2-3 ft of water. unfortunately the landing has not opened this yr. but blue springs is a good place and they have breakfast. i live at terrace view and it is open and doing good i'll work on the owner for prices for ally owners. arrowhead is also a good place for breakfast.