Bassport pro / 2+2 prop?

atomicbass

Has anyone considered trying or have tried a higher pitched merc bravo 1 on these hulls? Holeshot is great and the speed is not too bad if worked. They are not the fastest, but for tournaments they are impressive.

R

Redding XB21

There is a guy at our Marina that has a 21'B boat that is running a bravo and he seems to like it. He has the 250XS and is doing about 85 and not liking it. Especialy when he looked at my gps. His comment, "Man that pi***s me off". Oh well:beer:
So far, I am pleased with the chopper II. Until I can really wring it out, I'll stick with this one.

fishnfireman

Has anyone considered trying or have tried a higher pitched merc bravo 1 on these hulls? Holeshot is great and the speed is not too bad if worked. They are not the fastest, but for tournaments they are impressive.
Have not .....But always looking .

So far, of the props I have tried with the 300XS/21 Prsport..
I like the ProET the best.

Especially the exceleration-----AWESOME for a big boat with a LOAD !!

biller31

I've got the 21 2+2 and just goat a worked 4 blade prop to run from Performance Props and it made a night and day difference. Call em

XB21er

My boat XB21 Prosport/250xs. I ran a stock 26 Bravo with 7/8" vent holes - holeshot was awesome but top end was lacking - 3-4 mph slower than a same pitched trophy or hydromotive. Probably with some work could have made that up.

landar

I think its going to be really hard to beat a 26 or 28 Pro ET on these boats. I am in love with my boat since I switched to that prop. Holeshot is good but it really shines during acceleration and topend running. I would stay away from the large hub props like the Bravo's. With a sportmaster gearcase and a large hub prop some funny stuff can happen. Mine decided to go the wrong way once with a large hub prop.

fishnfireman

My boat XB21 Prosport/250xs. I ran a stock 26 Bravo with 7/8" vent holes - holeshot was awesome but top end was lacking - 3-4 mph slower than a same pitched trophy or hydromotive. Probably with some work could have made that up.
You get the chance....try a 27 I know the Trophy will most always run out faster than the pitch stamped.

One pitch bigger bravo should get your top end numbers up. if it has an awesome hole shot with the 26 I bet it would still be ok with a 27