Bass racer xb2002?

J

John Richied

An XB-2002 is around 900-950 lbs.

An XB-2002 Comp Pro is around 850 lbs. A light lay-up, light deck lids and doesn’t come with a recirculating pump/timer (just livewells and pump in), dome light, or cleats. Also I believe this one has an aluminum transom.

An XB-2002 Bass Racer is around 750 lbs. like the Comp Pro but no rear seat base, lights, fishing seat base posts or livewell.

:?: I wonder if the bottoms of the hulls are the same on all three of these XB-2002’s?

Mr. Scary

Yes, the bottoms are the same, but I don't know if Darris made any after mold changes (less lip in the bass racer, etc.). The Bass Racer came with vinyl floor covering instead of carpet and also had no trolling motor wiring, etc. It was essentially a race boat built out of the XB-2002 molds.

Kip Campbell from Forest Lake MN performed a pretty amazing feat once. He went down to Jasper (his first time there) and won THREE classes with his Bass Racer. The old 1400 and 1600 mod classes and a 3rd (I don't remember all the classes back then). But they were GREAT drag boats. Gordy Johnson from MN used to have one called "The Bass-O-Matic" that was REALLY fast. Ran it in Modified Production and gave my Drag Boat fits.

Sam

Speedman

??

so why do they call it a BASS Racer if it has no TM or livewell? I know my 2002 wins all races WITH the TM :lol:

J

John Richied

On the bottom of the XB-2002-CP I heard the Comp Pro may have the hull off an XR-2002, but that was a suggestion, not really confirmed. The XB hulls maybe all the same and it sounds like they are.

Kip Campbell’s first trip to Jasper must have opened a lot of eyes that day… A FISHIN BOAT just won three classes… MY OH MY!

Calling it a Bass Racer with no trolling motor or livewells, well you can still race bass in it… RIGHT? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mr. Scary

I have a Comp Pro....I think it's the same bottom, but a lighter version. I know when we were a dealer, Darris didn't offer the Comp Pro in a side steer version (but mine is hehehehehe). Supposedly the bottom is heavier built in the Tourny model to withstand stumps and other abuse that a tournament boat will take.

The Bass Racer has a front deck and a back deck. You can catch just as many fish with a Bass Racer as you can with a Tournament model...you just have no place to put them. :)

J

John Richied

Sam, Any chance of you showing up at the Kilo unlimited bassboat speed record in 2006?

bassracer

Bassracer or not?

Bill told me he thought my 02 was a bassracer but I am still not sure. I have a livewell but I believe the plumbing was hooked up by someone before I got it. I have lights and TM hookup, carpet, rear deck and post seat mount. No dome lights, no cleats. I don't know how much of it was added by the owners. It is an old boat - a 87. The serial number is - ALTX2AO9L687. If it is not a bassracer it could actually be a heavy boat as the older ones were apparently heavy but it feels like a very light boat.

CDave

John Richied said:
On the bottom of the XB-2002-CP I heard the Comp Pro may have the hull off an XR-2002, but that was a suggestion, not really confirmed. The XB hulls maybe all the same and it sounds like they are.
I was told by a long time racer that the XB02CP and XR02 were the same.

J

John Richied

CDave... I have heard the same thing, but never have heard it confirmed by anyone from the Allison Factory.

I know there is something about those XB-2002 Comp Pro’s that make em fly… and I don’t think it’s just the 100 lbs. difference.

ally2dextreme

xb 2002

all !!! 02 bassboats come out of the same mold even the record boat that is now sold xr02 is a diff boat

1badss

Banned
Re: Bassracer or not?

bassracer said:
Bill told me he thought my 02 was a bassracer but I am still not sure. I have a livewell but I believe the plumbing was hooked up by someone before I got it. I have lights and TM hookup, carpet, rear deck and post seat mount. No dome lights, no cleats. I don't know how much of it was added by the owners. It is an old boat - a 87. The serial number is - ALTX2AO9L687. If it is not a bassracer it could actually be a heavy boat as the older ones were apparently heavy but it feels like a very light boat.
Bass racers do not have livewells.

ally2dextreme

old boats

the old bass racers have live wells the lastest red record boat that weighs 675 also has live well