Bass Fishing on a Allison

Jhanson

Hello all, I’m in the market for a bass boat that I can take a total of 4 people including me out on. I’m new to boating and I really Like the BassSport 2+2. I live in CT, and my son 14 y.o. and I want to get something used to hit the lakes here. Our budget is probably around $15-20k. Do folks recommend the BassSport 2+2, or is there another model I should be looking at? Also, is it a pipe dream that will be able to find a used one for under $20k? Thanks for any help! Justin

Jhanson

I looked for a bassport for years, the best I saw was 30k and I had to drive across country to get it.
Thanks for the info. I’m now looking for this model, still hard to find used. Any ideas where to look other then on this site, I’ll post a message looking for one on this forum. I appreciate your help.

motobuffy

Sell to you? Not no, but HELL NO! I went through too much to even think about finding another, and at 66, buying a new one is totally out of the question. Seriously, best of luck in your search. FWIW, I sold my XB2003 when I got the BassSport 2+2. While the 2003 worked as a fishing platform for me (I sit not stand), access to rods and tackle is not so great.

Jhanson

Sell to you? Not no, but HELL NO! I went through too much to even think about finding another, and at 66, buying a new one is totally out of the question. Seriously, best of luck in your search. FWIW, I sold my XB2003 when I got the BassSport 2+2. While the 2003 worked as a fishing platform for me (I sit not stand), access to rods and tackle is not so great.
Ha! Thanks anyway... and thanks for the info.

BigRWater

I hope you luck into a BassSport, but as mentioned earlier, at your price range consider an XB 2003. I have an XB 2003 & it does what your asking & more...

Jhanson

I hope you luck into a BassSport, but as mentioned earlier, at your price range consider an XB 2003. I have an XB 2003 & it does what your asking & more...
Thank you. I’m looking for an XB 2003, but I can’t find any. Please let me know if you have any ideas as to where to search or locate one? Much appreciated!

Ally03 200xs

I would join the following Facebook groups:

• All Allison boat groups
  • Fast Bass Marine
  • Performance Fishing Machines

Jhanson

Thank you. I’m looking for an XB 2003, but I can’t find any. Please let me know if you have any ideas as to where to search or locate one? Much appreciated!
Can I ask what year your xb2003 is and what you value it at? I see some 1997-1998’s for around $25k, but my bank said they will loan me $11k for that year...

BigRWater

Cash is best... ...'and unless you use a certified marine inspection company to establish a value over that of which your bank finds in an industry book of average value, you are best to get a signature loan. To get over book value, you have to prove the higher value.