Band of Thieves Hits Lake Fork Marina...

Texan

...and others on that side of the lake last night. They stole two boats at LFM and took anything and everything they could out of 30 or so other boats. They got into boat storage facilities and basically stole anything and everything not nailed down. They found this morning a pile of junky stuff where it looked like they sorted out the good from the bad and kept the stuff of any value. I talked to LFM a minute ago and they said it was a well thought out deal from the looks of it. They also said that it was getting to the point where somebody needed to get shot over it too. I can well imagine what it would have been like if they would've seen our stuff out there.

Be careful with yo chit. I always bring mine in, but I don't guess I could bring the whole boat in.

pickwickangler

Man I hate to hear that. Hope they catch the bastages that did it. I know I got lucky, I would prolly be short a 997 if we woulda stayed one more night or it coulda been even worse if Neal and I were still up drankin beer when the thieves came through :punch

Texan

Man I hate to hear that. Hope they catch the bastages that did it. I know I got lucky, I would prolly be short a 997 if we woulda stayed one more night or it coulda been even worse if Neal and I were still up drankin beer when the thieves came through :punch
As light as Steve sleeps, they prolly woulda been introduced to a Judge.

RedAllison

DAMN I'm glad we left a day early. I simply can't imagine being wiped out. I don't even leave the Humminbird on for trailering much less at night, but I NEVER remove my tackle trays or rods tho. Betcha azz I will nextyear.

STILL wanna rig up a way of being warned without them knowing it. I'd LOVE to catch "em sunsabytchez" in the ray of the laser on my .357!!! :cuss
RA

ps
Say they got that "Castle Law" in TX. My 21 IS my castle, ESPECIALLY while fishin outta town. I'd say we HOME FREE nextyear to light em up!!!

Last edited:

strip

Here is my .2. Always keep your electronics locked in a locker in your boat. Always keep your tackle locked in a locker in your boat. Always keep your rods locked in your locker in your boat. Take pictures of everything even your buddies stuff that is nicer than yours. If your hotel room gets broken into insurance pays you nothing. If your truck gets broken into auto ins pays you nothing for loss of goods. If somebody breaks into your boat and dammages the boat or the latch to a locker you are covered with a low deductible so you get all new stuff, even that buddies loomis with the calais on it. This is what my ins man told me.

Texan

In this case, they had keys to get into the lockers and even re-locked some down at Toledo the week before.

GotMyAlly

I'll take my chances with my rods and electronics in the hotel room. More than likely, if they break into my room, I'm going to be in there too. And you hear about a whole lot more boats being burglarized than hotel rooms.