backup camera

citabriatom

Put one on the truck today...this thing is the s..t!!!
Price from Pep Boys including rebate:85$
Time of installation;a little over an hour
Not having to ask the wife for help hooking up the
trailer:priceless

JR

My Wife's Honda Pilot has a built in bac-cam that appears on the Navigation screen when you select reverse. It is really great for hitching up the trailer.
JR

WildWolf

"Not having to ask the wife for help hooking up the
trailer:priceless"

That quote is :LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

I might have to get one just so I can use that line!!!

WW :beer:

jimmyb

i saw them at walmart and there were only 100...

however, i have gotten some mad skills the last couple of years by holding my head in the exact spot and marking how far back to backup the truck by how much of the boat i can see

Texan

WTF is it with men that can get the trailer lined up with their male buddy, that wives just can't grasp. My 9 year old son saw my buddy line me up once and got it. After 19 years with my wife, she still can't help in that department.

A typical trip to the lake goes like this:
Her - "Honey can I help get the trailer hooked up?"
Me - "Sure, babe. Come on, let's go."
Her - "Back it up... a little more....a little more..." Clank!! (Sound of bumper stricking trailer) "That's far enough, Honey."
I get out and look to find that it is not only 6" to the side of the hitch, but the trailer now has a scratch and the bumper a ding.

Gotta get one of these.

BigRedAlli

My Wife waves me backwards while stare'in off at God only knows what, while talking to who ever will listen...:laughing

She has got good at backing the trailor though...:cool

citabriatom

Her - "Back it up... a little more....a little more..." Clank!! (Sound of bumper stricking trailer) "That's far enough, Honey."
I get out and look to find that it is not only 6" to the side of the hitch, but the trailer now has a scratch and the bumper a ding.

So it's not just my wife?

countrycoolio

So it's not just my wife?
nope..... mine is da same way. I have just started doin it myself, just like Jimmyb is doing. That takes real talent, when you can get it the 1st time every time.

Texan

Twenty years ago, when we were still in the infatuation phase, my wife decided to come to the lake with me. We fished and I was impressed with her in that she would actually take the crappie off the hook, measure it and toss it back if it was under 10". I had an old wollered out log of a boat - 16' stick steer, fiberglass with a 65 'rude. Two seats and a cooler in the middle. Anyway, we fished some brushtops and had a pretty good mess of fish. Back at the ramp, she said that she would back the trailer in the water. After watching her handle fishing for crappie, and knowing her family background as river rats (not high performance boating - fishing with throw lines and running the river in jonboats and such) I figured - mistakenly - that her daddy had taught her to back the trailer in the water. WRONG!! After four or five stabs, she finally got out of the car and screamed at the top of her lungs for me to come back this d@&n trailer into the water. I had actually dropped the troller in and was drinking my second or third beer before she jumped out, but the funny thing was there were three or four other boats waiting to take out that had done the same with me to watch.

Never again have I asked her to back it in. I'll get the tires wet, jump in the boat, then she'll pull it out. But that's it. When it's time to take it out, she's holding it off the bank 'till I get the trailer in, and after I put it on the trailer she'll pull it just ever so slightly out. Then it is all back on me.

LAAllison

It's a funny thing and I don't believe a man can teach his wife. I've tried to get her in The Winn Dixie parking lot with lines to work with and lots of space but she just can't/won't do it. On the other hand both of my daughters can back her down without looking over thier shoulder,all on mirrors. Lot of times guys just stop to see if beautiful blonde can do it. And they KNOW the guys are watchin.

Art

Roll Tide