Anyone Running a 4-stroke on an XTB21?

Keith E.

All,

As the title says, I'm looking for any setup info from folks running a 4-stroke on an XTB21. I'm seriously thinking about trying one on an XTB21 that I just got into. I've got a fair amount of wheel time in XB02s with a 225PM and more recently a pump gas 280.

TIA,
Keith

Christofer

Hi Keith, as you know I'm running the 175 Vmax SHO on my XTB21. Bob's big foot duel hose nose cone and Bobs torque tab on gearcase. Seastar pro steering (above 50 knots version). 8" Bob's lift and running 3 blade Solas Lexor 14 1/2 x 25 propeller (in lack of a lot of options to test over here, prop seems to have higher actual pitch than 25" based on slip calculations btw). 70L (18,5 gal) Fuel tank, twin 12V batteries in aft compartments port and starboard with separator relay btw. engine start (60AH) and consumption (75 AH) battery. No trolling motor. Ran 78 mph top speed so far, believe there is still a few mph to go with right props and condition. Average consumption 1,5 gal/running hour so, far and on long cruising around 8,5 mpg, actually this is generally true at any speed from just above planing to ~45 mph. Cockpit wise I'm running the twin Yamaha digital gauges, Bobs lift indicator gauge, Victron BMV-712 Battery monitor gauge, steering wheel trim and lift switches (PT-2000 Dual Pro Trim switch), hot foot pedal throttle and Raymarine Axiom 7 DV gps/echosounder. Very happy with boat and engine so far! Just let me know Keith if you have any other questions!