Anybody else having problems getting pennzoil 100% syn?

GotMyAlly

Anybody else having trouble getting their hands on gallon jugs of pennzoil 100% synthetic oil? I've stopped several places around town over the last few days and can't find any. I ended up settling on a jug of merc premium plus to take to the rally with me, but I'd rather have the pennzoil full synthetic stuff.

BigRedAlli

Still see it around here at Walmart. They also have a merc.quicksilver syn. blend that i've been wondering about.

Let me know if ya wan't me to pick up a few gal for ya.:wink

Jimxb02

The Walmarts here in central Florida ( north of Tampa ) are stocking the gallon size. About $23 plus tax. Have not seen the small bottles in over a year.

Jim

Hydropromax

Neal, it is Opinion on what oil is better. But i have heard many times that the Quicksilver Premium Plus is the best for a high performance mercury outboard. Eveybody make sure and don't buy the gas that is only 90% gas and 10% anything else. That 10% doesn't mix with any type of 2 cycle oil except been oil.

GotMyAlly

Neal, it is Opinion on what oil is better. But i have heard many times that the Quicksilver Premium Plus is the best for a high performance mercury outboard. Eveybody make sure and don't buy the gas that is only 90% gas and 10% anything else. That 10% doesn't mix with any type of 2 cycle oil except been oil.
I was kinda thinkin' about switching to prem plus anyway....I've heard it's better for the iron bore motors than 100% synthetic, but I've also heard once you go synthetic you shouldn't switch back. I dunno.....

catfish123

I've been running Pennzoil 100% synthetic now for about 5 years with no problems on my 225X. I, like you Neal, have heard now a bit of a twist on the recommended oil from those who used to preach that synthetic was the way to go. I dunno either..........LOL

h2oskiier30

What I've heard is that if you're turning under 8000 rpm's, then a synthetic blend (either from Pennzoil or Merc) is fine, but if you're turning over 8000, then you probably need to be running a full synthetic...especially in a nic motor.

aaronmt

I run semi/synthetic pennzoil xlf or premium plus with no probs whats so ever.I will spin my 225x to 7500 for short burst at times and its been great so far.Its easy to find at wally world for 14.97.

Fishforcash

The 2 engine shops I trust (Nichols Performance Engineering/Jay Smith Racing Engines) both say that Pennsoil 100% synthetic/Full Synthetic (same thing) is what they prefer in daily use engines, its good enough for me.

Running the Meth fuels absorbs water faster which is what takes more motors out than anything.

I've always found the Pennsoil at Academy Sports and Outdoors.

GotMyAlly

The 2 engine shops I trust (Nichols Performance Engineering/Jay Smith Racing Engines) both say that Pennsoil 100% synthetic/Full Synthetic (same thing) is what they prefer in daily use engines, its good enough for me.

Running the Meth fuels absorbs water faster which is what takes more motors out than anything.

I've always found the Pennsoil at Academy Sports and Outdoors.
I thought Jay Smith no longer recommended 100% synthetic in the iron bore motors, only in the nic motors?

Hydropromax

I buy my gas in Bryant across the road from Sonic. They have a sign that says PURE GAS no Additives. I believe that Quicksilver premium plus has my vote. Mercury is Quicksilver and it says on the back of the jug FOR ALL HIGH PERFORMACE MERCURY OUTBOARDS. As far as i know, Penzoil doesn't build outboards. ????? It's all opinions.

Fishforcash

Pennsoil doesnt make motas. Mercury doesnt refine oil either, they contract it out to Citgo.

Performance Plus is good oil, I know alot of guys who run the premium plus with great success. Most all of your premium TCW3 brands are good oil

john4utvols

Neal, Thanks alot for jenking me up. I went to Wal-mart to get my Pennziol and they were out. I asked the Lady at the desk, when the next shipment was going to arrive, and she said the shelfs stock there self, and she had no clue. I had to argue for a while, then she said Pennziol was not a good seller, So she didn't know why they sold it. I then called Giles Co. Wal-mart and they had 1 gallon, and then called Savanah Wal-mart and they had 3. So I got to drive 1 1\2 hours to get my oil.

Hydropromax

neal, thanks alot for jenking me up. I went to wal-mart to get my pennziol and they were out. I asked the lady at the desk, when the next shipment was going to arrive, and she said the shelfs stock there self, and she had no clue. I had to argue for a while, then she said pennziol was not a good seller, so she didn't know why they sold it. I then called giles co. Wal-mart and they had 1 gallon, and then called savanah wal-mart and they had 3. So i got to drive 1 1\2 hours to get my oil.
quick silver premium plus

280ALLY

The Wal-mart in Dickson never has the 100% Synthetic. The last 3 times I went to buy a gallon, they were out or didn't ever stock it from the last time. The only thing they had on the shelves the last 3 times was that pennzoil synthetic blend crap. Luckily the Wal-mart in Waverly on the way to the river always has it in stock. I think I'm just gonna buy those 5 gals they have stocked on their shelves so I won't have to search for it