Allstate Insurance CANCELLED -

amosXB03

Recived a notice in the mail today from Allstate stating they are cancelling my insurance because "the boat is capable of exceeding our maximum speed of 75 mph."

I am pretty Fing pissed....been a good customer for ten years, told the truth, never had a claim and this is how I am rewarded....this should be against the law.

Note to self - insurance companys are on Bush's Axis of Evil list because they all suck

Rusrog

Recived a notice in the mail today from Allstate stating they are cancelling my insurance because "the boat is capable of exceeding our maximum speed of 75 mph."

I am pretty Fing pissed....been a good customer for ten years, told the truth, never had a claim and this is how I am rewarded....this should be against the law.

Note to self - insurance companys are on Bush's Axis of Evil list because they all suck
I'd say that you could make them prove it but either way they'll have the last laugh. If you have your other stuff, auto, home, etc... I'd do some shopping and move it all.

Ins sucks...

amosXB03

FOOT IN MOUTH AGAIN.......allstate agent firend I went to school with said everything was OK now...........just as soon as I get my foot outa my mouth I owe him another thanks....sure hate the letter though.

FlatOutAlly

FOOT IN MOUTH AGAIN.......allstate agent firend I went to school with said everything was OK now...........just as soon as I get my foot outa my mouth I owe him another thanks....sure hate the letter though.
This is the first one of these 'my insurance company will not insure my Allison' threads that I missed out on before common sense prevailed. Allstate, State Farm and just about ALL major insurers place a fair amount of trust in their agents. Make 'friends' with your agent, give him all your business, don't hit **** with your stuff, and they'll cover you.

Texan

I just shot an e-mail to my Allstate agent, who has held my coverage for most of the years that I've had the need for coverage. He and I duck hunt once a year and fish at least a few times a year. I've known him since I was in kindergarten, and that was more than 45 years ago. I'll get you an answer. I'm inclined to go with FlatOutAlly's response because I've NEVER been questioned about the HP (260) or the hull manufacturer.

Will let you know when I know.

Texan

Just got word back from my agent. He said that in Texas, Allstate agents are being pushed to write more policies on boats and that he doesn't see anything of this type in the future. This doesn't help in SC, but that's the response I got.

RedAllison

Yep as usual it all depends on YOUR agent. Surprisingly the big co.s DO listen to and rely on their bigger/longer time agents. If some new agent with alot of claim history asks for help he won't get it but someone who's been an agent for decades for that company and has written MILLION$ in business, you can bet they ARE gonna try and bend the rules for him. But he's only gonna ask for those rules to be bent by customers he knows/trusts and want's to go to bat for.

Sadly tho, just for basic coverage without anything else the sources ARE drying up for Hi-Po boaters. :cuss
RA

GotMyAlly

Nationwide covered mine, no questions asked. Only stipulation is it's gotta have a motor on it. They wouldn't write the policy when it was sitting in my garage without power. That makes absolutely NO sense to me, since without power it is going to spend almost all its time in my garage and the risk of a claim is probably a lot less than the risk of a claim if its on the water every weekend.

State farm wouldn't write mine. ANd i know the agent very well. Grew up hunting with him. Then again, he was with me when we sunk a duck boat that he insured, was with me when I put a truck in a farm ditch in a flood rice field, and was there when my 4 wheeler got totalled.....so that may have had something to do with it!

Texan

Yep as usual it all depends on YOUR agent. Surprisingly the big co.s DO listen to and rely on their bigger/longer time agents. If some new agent with alot of claim history asks for help he won't get it but someone who's been an agent for decades for that company and has written MILLION$ in business, you can bet they ARE gonna try and bend the rules for him. But he's only gonna ask for those rules to be bent by customers he knows/trusts and want's to go to bat for.

Sadly tho, just for basic coverage without anything else the sources ARE drying up for Hi-Po boaters. :cuss
RA
Relationships have everything to do with business both personal and professional. Age has something to do with it too, unfortunately. The older we get, the less risk we'll be - unless we drive high performance boats. Ole Ray here in town got pitched out twice before he got killed racing at Smokin in the Cove. When asked why he kept doing it after he got pitched the second time he said that it was simply in his blood and he wasn't about to quit.

amosXB03

Thanks for all the responses....like I stated ealier I put my foot in my mouth again... I had no sooner posted this, than my buddy the agent texted me that everything was cool!