Allisons are GREAT boats

SLOmofo

More than I care to remember and count.

Two weekends ago I was beating up on a squirt boat and found the boat starting to hook, corrected out of it and came to a stop. Engine shut off, thought I stuck it. I raised both my arms to get their attention and they came back to see what was up. What had happened was the bumper that I keep tied to the handle under the compartment between the front and rear seats had moved forward, bounced up and came down on the ignition toggle switch, killing the engine.
Heres one from Memorial Day. He had just spun the boat out and it wouldn't restart. He finally broke down and allowed me pull him in. A couple of weeks later he wanted me to spot him 4 boat lengths. Nope. 2 boat lengths. Nope. I could of but raced him straight up. From 5MPH he pulled me a boat length then I blew by him. 20MPH roll start wasn't a contest.

Attachments

West Coast Bull

Bob
It looks like is was just the neutral safety switch. So I just bypassed it and now I can start the motor like John R and all the race boats.NOw I am back on the water....

SLOmofo

To be safe put a momentary switch in that wire. I have a push button slightly under the dash not in plane view. If I want to start in gear, I have to push the button and turn the key.
This way someone has to know to be able to start in gear. I don't have kids but was one along time ago. I know I would have played BOAT if there was one. Just that prop spinning at starter speeds.............

cj707

Gary- you have so many knobs, switches, gauges and gadgets, I dont think anyone besides you could start that thing anyway

boataddict

To be safe put a momentary switch in that wire. I have a push button slightly under the dash not in plane view. If I want to start in gear, I have to push the button and turn the key.
This way someone has to know to be able to start in gear. I don't have kids but was one along time ago. I know I would have played BOAT if there was one. Just that prop spinning at starter speeds.............

thats a great idea!

fastglass1

Bob
It looks like is was just the neutral safety switch. So I just bypassed it and now I can start the motor like John R and all the race boats.NOw I am back on the water....
Good to hear. Next you will want to start it in gear.:confused

R

Redding XB21

Maybe belonged to the Yellow Bumble Bee? Did you finally "upgrade"?:beer: