Allison XB21 2 props: Turbo TXP-OT4 26P & 26 P RH Lab ET Lightning 48-8M0006666

Tim Sykes

Hi Guys, The two props mentioned above came with 2012 XB21 with a 250 Pro XS with HP lower unit on it that I just bought. The boat currently has the Lightning prop on it. I took it out a few weeks ago and it seemed slow out of the hole for sure and I am not use to the boat yet so I did not try to push it hard at all. Several questions here:

1 - What are you guys thoughts about the 2 props and characteristics of the two?
2 - It seems the owner says the lighting was better with heavy load which I doubt I will have much
3 - Based on previous experience if my memory serves me right the over the hub lightings use to be prone to blowing out at times

So I want to run as fast as possible but don't want to come out of the terribly slow and want to be as safe as possible. What are you guys thoughts on the right way to set this up and what your thoughts are?

It has been a good while since I have had a fast boat and always wanted an allison I ran the old SP 200 procraft back in the day and you really had to drive that boat and I assume this will be the same way...

Any tips on where I should leave the jack plate for out of the hole and any driving tips would be great....
Thanks guys!