Allison XB2003 Set Up Help

WT

I was out in my ally the other day and it seemed when I got up to about 80mph the boat started crabwalking a little . I am learning to drive the boat and trying to get the set up right. Its a XB2003 with a Pro-Max 225 hyd jackplate w/14" setback.
This is the first time for it to do this. I have had a little to much weight on the passanger side trying to balance the boat this time 25 lbs and about 5 gallons of gas ih the aux-gas tank on that side. the boat came right up on the pad and felt good but when I got around 80-82 it felt like it started crab walking a little the prop is about 1/2" below the Pad, with a trophy 26 pitch.
I am still learning to drive and being cautious about it.
:wink:

scott mann

crab

Is the boat crab walking or chine walking? If it is truly crab walking you are over-trimmed or your engine is too high.
Scott

xb2003

Did you buy the boat local? What color is it? Give me a call and I would be glad to help you out.

Stanton

604-2223

WT

It is not chime walk I have learned to drive it onto the pad (took some time). One other thing that it might be is allision torq tab needs ajusted I have a new lower unit and might not be dialed in ??.
JUst want to see if I am in the right direction on set up. I dont want to got to high with the prop because its not like a chopper which I will be running be fore long.
What is the XB2003 side steering Drivers doing for balance set up when by there selves a bag of shot in the port side?
In the Allison red Book it talks about this problem an it has to do with set up. I asking if anybody had this problem and how did they correct it.
THE EXPERTS
THANKS

Stanton I heard you sold your boat, Whats next a SS at 110mph
It is White Blue, got it from florida amlost like your boat?

Stace

The way I balance mine is to: 1. cover a 2X4 with carpet.
2. place the boat and trailer on level surface.
3. place 2X4 on a floor jack
4. unhook transom straps
5. chock trailer wheels
6. place the floor jack w/2x4 about 1' in from back and on centerline of the pad.
7. jack the boat up till its about 2-3" off the bunks
8. get in and move gear around till it balances with you behind the wheel.

Might not be the best way but it works for me. My boat likes to be a little heavier on the starboard side with a 26 ally cut chopper and balanced with a 28 hydromotive. Don't know why!! :D Stace

fishnfireman

You can tell the same thing by just putting everything in place while the boat is at rest in the water :idea:

much easier :!:

I have seen a pair of stick on levels like they put in motor homes..If your eyeball is out of plumb :D

Stace

Not many lakes in MI at rest in the summer. :D :D Unless you find a no wake lake on a calm day but what fun would that be :shock: Stace

scott mann

balance

Stace,
That is a great idea for checking balance.
WT,
For my xb-20003 side steer I have a bag of shot near the cooler (left rear) as well as a bag of shot directly left of me in the port storage area. I weigh around 230 lbs.
Hope this helps,
Scott

WT

Thanks some good input

I like the one one the trailer you dont have to take a trip to the water for that.
I am going to take it out this weekend and try it out.