Allison Super Stock Race Video

Jon

Supporting Member
I was watching the video again on youtube, and the audio was poor on the video, so I took care of that. I wish that I had the original video so that I could make a better copy of the entire thing, but I was able to fix it slightly. Anyway, the audio is better at least, and a little better color on the video as well.

The link is 2/3 the way down this other webpage. Enjoy :smile

http://www.allisonowners.com/

I do realize all the pictures and links do not work. It's a work in progress - as I find issues, I am fixing them.

Last edited:

whipper

If you could get that page back working that would be awesome!!! it was my favourite. thats such a great clip that shows just how versatile Allisons can be.

Last edited:

whipper

That's such a great example of how awesome an Allison is. So what ever happen with Allison's racing in super stock against tunnels? Unfair advantage because not everyone owned an Allison?:big grin

Jon

Supporting Member
The page is back :smile It just isn't at my house like it was when I was rebuilding it. Enjoy.

I particularly like this page:

Ally Things

Last edited:

whipper

wow you did such a great job on this site so far my hats off to you Jon! We thought all those great pages were gone forever. Thank you for making this happen!!:beer:

haha BTW were do ya access those pages of the Forum?

Last edited:

Jon

Supporting Member
Tell you what James, I'm going to do this just for us Allison guys so that it is easy to remember :)

http://www.allisonowners.com

Let me know if that helps! Edited my original post.

Last edited:

Jon

Supporting Member
Thanks!

The original AllisonOwners.com site was a very small forum and the owners page. I think the site was started in the late 90's, and I've found traces of the forum from early 2001 and only folks like RedAllison, Catfish, GotMyAlly, and 2Fast4Mom were around :).

Anyway, the owners page has always been a place to post data about your boat setup. The original forum crapped out around 2005 - as far as I know all of the original forum was lost... which sucks because there appears to be a lot of great data which is just gone. Sometime around January 2014 the Owners page disappeared because no one paid the company which hosted the data.

I'm working on a "history of AllisonOwners.com" writeup to put together what I've found, and I'm still finding stuff, so it probably won't be published here for another few months.

For now, the owners page and data has been restored - www.allisonowners.com. I hope there is more to come on that soon, as I find time and work through priorities on this site.

To actually answer your question, just go to the URL above and poke around. There is a lot of great data there, and even a link to add your own boat.

Last, here is a throwback for some of you very old timers!

Attachments

Last edited:

Jon

Supporting Member
Well I just learned something a little discouraging... the reason the board crashed in 2005 is that the host/forum engine, ezboard, was hacked at that time and ezboard basically lost everything and even claimed they lost backups as well. Thats somewhat thin as most backups are not live, especially at time time, and are not even stored on site. Recovering any of the old data will be unlikely.

That being said, I have copies of this board stashed on 4 corners of the earth right now, so it isn't going away any time soon :)

whipper

Well I just learned something a little discouraging... the reason the board crashed in 2005 is that the host/forum engine, ezboard, was hacked at that time and ezboard basically lost everything and even claimed they lost backups as well. Thats somewhat thin as most backups are not live, especially at time time, and are not even stored on site. Recovering any of the old data will be unlikely.

That being said, I have copies of this board stashed on 4 corners of the earth right now, so it isn't going away any time soon :)
Thats great news. i know this thread is a sticky of sorts and the link to the old board with boat info is attached to the link off this thread. But is there any way to add the link to the main board? Like for instance under { other things}? It used to be when ya clicked the Allison ultra performance boats header. Were after the crash ez board came up instead.
Also once the old board is as recovered as possible and the main as well, maybe we could have new submissions able to be entered down the road to keep that model and owner board currant? But i know you are working on your spare time on this and not until ya get a breather once everything is stabilized of course.:beer: You are a god sent to our forum Jon and i for one am very grateful to all the work your doing getting us up to snuff!!

Kevin from FL

The vid was shot in Eustis Florida if I remember correctly, used to have quite a few races there.

Last edited:

Jon

Supporting Member
I've only heard legend of Kevin from FL, and what little I can find about him on the internets :)

Thanks for the info! I really have enjoyed digging up the info I can find on this forum and that which is associated with it.