Allison Service

J

John Richied

I feel for you and I think your right about moving on, cut your loses while you can…

To be honest with you if I had that boat with that much money invested every time I took it out it would make me sick.

Since Lee is an Allison dealer maybe a trade in would work?

Ally XB 21

I would give Lee Sanderson another try. You will not find a dealer who is more willing to help. I have purchased a boat & 2 motors from him and would go back again tomorrow.

As for Allison service I was at the Rally last year and asked Nancy the day before I got there if they could do a little warranty work. They dropped everything, got my boat in and had guys jumping in and out of it like Jack rabbits. When they were done they asked if I could bring it back at a time when I could leave it for a day or two.
When I took it back they had it in and out as scheduled and did 3 times the amount of work that was intended. And I got to spend 3 hours with Darris talking about boats. Not to mention he showed ne one of his Prototypes as a bonus.

Jeff Moore

lightening rod

Kevin, If you want to get a feel for the factory support then just call them up and talk to Nancy. I know of many people that have taken boats to them or were in the market for a boat and they did all they could to help them. The only complaint that I have ever heard was an issue of timing and someone hit them at a busy time and they could not get the work done on the boat in the time frame that the owner wanted, but to my knowledge they were up front and told the owner of the delay before he took the boat in instead of getting it there and then keeping it longer than expected or desired.

Hope this helps, The Allison's are as down to earth as people can be and they do take pride in their product and the fact that their name is on the side of it.

Chris

Blue Gray in PA

I've been reading this post for a few days now and it's time to chime in. First let me say that I really feel sorry for the money you spent on the re-furb. I know we all feel bad for you but it's understandable how that can happen. As for the Allisons and customer service, I travel a lot for my job and have had the pleasure of stopping in twice - completely unannounced and as the guys said before, they are the best bunch of people you'll ever meet. The first time they took me on a plant tour near the end of the day and Bill stayed late to ship some parts for me. I am the second owner of a 1989 and this happened last year so they had little to gain except a few miscellaneous sales dollars. The last time I stopped in, Nancy and I had a nice chat about the upcoming Rally and they are as excited about it as we are. This will be my first Rally but I'm really glad I found an Allison for my first real boat. I'm looking forward to meeting the "family" and hopefully you can find a way to make that happen too. Good luck selling the Gambler and stop by the Rally if at all possible.