Allison Service

kbiddle

Hi all quick question..
How is Allison customer service... I may be looking to go to an Allison from a Gambler and was just curious as to folks experience with Allison's customer service.
Being here in Virginia the Gambler dealers and Gambler are just terrible....So I would have to drive a ways if I needed any real service...
Thank just looking to get some feedback before I take the plunge.
Kevin

ALLISONMAN

lee sanderson in virginia is a great dealer and service person!!! you will not be disappointed with him or his service!!!! his shop is out of richmond, virginia

Yellowallison

I would have to strongly disagree with that opnion...
then YU don't know the LEE Sanderson we all know!

Lee Sanderson has become good friend of mine because of the dozens of times he has help me with my Allison boats over the last 10+ yrs and 3/4 of those times not dime didn't go in his pocket...!

He did cause he luvs Allison's boat and iz one nicest guys on this planet!

kbiddle

I am not disputing that at all...
But you did not plop down $27K for a Gambler restoration that took 6 months went 33% over budget and still is not right....
I am not saying anything bad about him I think allot had to do with the support from Gambler for sure... I agree Lee is a GREAT guy
Which is why I asked about not dealer support more of how is Allison factory support...
Sorry for the confusion..

GotMyAlly

Factory service is great. I bought my boat last spring - it was a used boat I bought from an individual. I had a new motor hung on it and I never could get it to run right because of excessive steering torque. I called the factory, talked to Nancy Allison and told her about my problems. She asked if I could come by the factory. That friday I pulled into the parking lot of the factory, boat in tow, and had both Darris Allison and his rigging man going over my setup within 5 minutes of pulling into the parking lot. That says a lot to me that they were that willing to spend the time going over my boat, considering I was the second owner of a 4 year old boat.

ALLISONMAN

any problems with an allison, darris (owner of allison boats) will take the time and effort to make anything right his name means alot to him and allison boats is his personal name!!!!!! buy an allison and you will never look back!!!!! if you dont want to deal with lee thats ok glenn reynolds at reynolds racing and marine would be my 1st choice call him 865-882-9623 he will take the time effort and energy to go that extra mile for you and probably the best mercury hi-po service center around!!!!!!

Yellowallison

CLAP CLAP CLAP! CLAP CLAP CLAP----- One for AMAN! fianlly he aint FullOf CHIT! :mrgreen:

KIbble yu can take this to tha BANK! :roll:

any problems with an allison, darris (owner of allison boats) will take the time and effort to make anything right his name means alot to him and allison boats is his personal name!!!!!! buy an allison and you will never look back!!!!! if you dont want to deal with lee thats ok glenn reynolds at reynolds racing and marine would be my 1st choice call him 865-882-9623 he will take the time effort and energy to go that extra mile for you and probably the best mercury hi-po service center around!!!!!!

kbiddle

I really appreciate that allot..
Now if I can just unload this damn Gambler....
So does Mr. Reynolds have a web site?
Thanks fellas I really do apprciatre your feedback...

Yellowallison

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.reynoldsracingmarine.com/

Glen Reynolds, Linda lake side in Tenn, and Sanderson are all great..!

Need something from the factory.. call BILL the Allison Parts Manger and the next afternoon its on yur doorstep.

bill number is 865-983-5920...

hope this helpz ya.

Trojanlarry

If I had a problem, I would definitely give a shot to Lindas Lakeside Marine. Real good people

kbiddle

The only problem I have now is having this Gambler that I put WAY too much $$ in.. I could ahve bought a great Allison for what I have in the restore alone... :evil: :idea:
Would 27K have bought a nice one?

RedAllison

I can't speak for Sandersons but I DO know many who consider him a GREAT dealer and would give him the benefit of the doubt before I did anything else based solely on the reputation I have heard about over the years. Great reputations in the marine industry are about THE hardest thing to gain of ANY type of business.

As for Glenn Reynolds and Linda Owens, KUDOs too the both. Glenn is the reason I still own an Allison today. I wasn't even a customer of his, I towed by boat 4 hours too his place and one week later it was running faster and handling better than it EVER had been before. LORD KNOWS Linda and Larry are great people and if and when I ever get lucky enough to get that new 21 BasSport it more than likely will come from them. Linda busts her arse and her success has started to show for her efforts!

As for Allison Boats Inc. I don't know of anyother company in such a lofty position within their own industry where you can simply drop in un-anounced and have the owner and his wife take care of you personally. They aren't the slap you on the back, tell you how great a person you are and feed you a line of bull people like alot of business types who typically laugh at you when you leave and then smile as they deposit your money in their bank account! They are quiet people who simply take care of business, are truely dedicated too their craft and appreciate their customers. I can't think of anything that is more important!!!

As for Gambler, I make no qualms about the hulls themselves being my second favorite in bassboats. BUT I have heard many many many more horror stories about their sorry customer service than I have heard good.
I can tell you from being in both the automobile and sporting goods industry, despite a dealers best intent, sorry support from the factory literally HOGTIES a dealers hands when taking care of his own customers. For the price of admission for a Gambler I don't think thats an admirable trait!

Good luck,
RA

ps
$27k would buy you a VERY nice used Allison. For that kind of money you could get a ProSport that is only a couple-3 year old. WTF kind Gboat did you spend that kind of cheese restoring?

K

Kevin from FL

kbiddle,

The least of your worries is the boat itself. It will last and look good forever with proper care. It's the stuff attached to the boat that you will need a dealer or us to help you with :)

kbiddle

That freaking hind site always 20/20 :evil:
OK You asked...so here it goes...Please dont tell me how stupid it was to do this ... I KNOW NOW
1996 209 TE
* new gel coat incliding new decals etc.
* repowered 00 225 EFI 100 w hrs
* New oil tank
* HYD Steering & Jackplate & guage
* Blinker Tilt / Trim
* new guages (off a 01 2100)
* New dash and bow panels wood grain W new rocker switches
* new carpet & bunks
* new bilge pump
* New steering wheel
* new upholstry though-out
* new butt seats w/ poles
* new retractabel tie downs
* New custom cover
* Garmin 320C front 168C GPS Combo in cockpit
* Stealth 3 bank charger
* 3 new batteries
* new trailer disc brakes
* New CD play with wired remote
Receipts total just under $28K and that is not inclduding the 9K I payed for the boat. I have about 15 hrs on it since complete...
I know IDIOT... but when I started I had NO ideal that it would end up being this much... dont get me wrong it looks showroom for sure...but just seem to have my hart set on an Allison...
I will be taking anything close to $25K for the boat... :!:

D

DarthVMAX

:oops:

WOW! looks as if the re-furb got sorta addicting...

Good luck :)

K

Kevin from FL

Were did the overrun come into play? Gelcoat, engine, trailer?

kbiddle

OK I want to be careful here....
The gelcoat was a little more than anticipated....a few thousand...
On the dash the wrong panel was sent causing a wholesale change out of the instrumentation (new panel new back braacket required) I picked up the guages from the web so issue there. The new rocker switches were reults of the wrong dash issue. none of which I knew about...
And a few other liberties I did not know about until after the fact...that continued to drive the $$ up.