Allison owner

Rick Propst

nice welcome to the club if you have never driven an A Boat take your time learning how to drive her,,, the funniest part is learning lol

Mc556

Congrats
I just completed my first summer with mine. Be safe and enjoy. They are awesome

G Allen

CONGRATULATIONS!

Don't think that you are gonna find a more fun boat to drive than what you just got. Pay attention to what it teaches you while you drive it.

If you haven't read the Red Book look for it on this forum. It's good to revisit during the first season or two, some of the ideas presented had more meaning in terms of cause and effect after increasing amounts of seat time during personal experience with mine...This boat rewards the technically astute operator.

Rled

Thanks. I didn't do very well. The boat has a hydraulic jack and I'm not sure what height to set it to or what height the prop shaft should be to be able to learn to drive her safely.
I keep seeing refences to the"Red Book",but haven't been able find it. I did find one but it was a bin file and wouldn't open. Do you have a good link for it?

G Allen

Look on this forum under "Questions about Allison Boats" near the top the Red book is found there as a .pdf file.

Rled

For some reason it shows up as a "bin" file instead of a pdf. Hmm.

SlowHayden

Congrats on the new boat! I live in Loudon and go out on the upper end of Tellico Lake around Vonore most weekends, hit me up if you’re ever around.

Rled

Sounds good. I'll mostly be on tellico and fort loudon lake. Just wish I could have found my boat earlier in the season.

RiverRat71

Sounds good. I'll mostly be on tellico and fort loudon lake. Just wish I could have found my boat earlier in the season.
Every year will be the same. Sucks when cold weather hits. Might suck worse the first year but not sure. RR

RiverRat71

Ya can't go wrong with a red Allison.

RR71: define cold. When the ice is 30" thick?
Never seen ice on my river but yeah I would say if the ice is 30" thick it might be a bit chilly. In South GA it doesn't get cold in my opinion but from December - March if I go out its just me. I personally prefer company. RR