Allison Facebook Page

nickens21

It has been a little more active this past week. They have put up a few pics of new boats. Sounds like they kind of doing a little advertising.

TB21

Who is doing the update on Allison's FB page? Some of the spelling and wording is abit out to lunch. Look thru some of the latest posts and you'll see what I mean.
I'm not trying to be negative or picking on Allison , they are by far the best boat ever and I'm just afraid that some of the haters will see it and find a reason to pick on us.

RedAllison

I don't think it's Nancy, I believe someone else is doing it for them. The grammar is repeatable so I believe it's software related (spell check etc). I likely would guess some might be done on a portable, I know my Ipad gives me FITS sometimes when posting on stuff. You "THINK" you have everything done right, you push a button and then the end result AINT what you swore it was! :cuss :furious It couldn't have come along at a better time since it coincides with the new 21XST. The boat is getting ALOT of publicity and interest right now, ESPECIALLY across the net!!!

But I LIKE it none the less, cuss it or love it, FB is a billion people audience that Allison Boats NEEDED to be on! :cool

Last edited:

allisonjr

Darris said that its somebody out of Denver that's doing the Facebook updates. I told him that I was happy to see more photos and advertising and he said he wouldn't know how to log into Facebook if he had one lol

jimmyb

i am enjoying the FB page... nice to see pretty boats everyday on my newsfeed! :)

allisonjr

I also asked darris about the new bout, the 23 footer. Said it liked about another year to year and a half before we'd see it. He said that hes working on it being more driver friendly and that during testing he can run 90 and let go of the wheel and not have the rocking back and forth. the 23 footer is said to fit in a standard garage as well...

Darth VMAX

Letting go of the wheel at 90 mph is what I would consider pretty driver friendly. But knowing Darris, he probably had a number in his head like 93 mph with the hands off the wheel and he won't stop until he gets it! LOL

allisonjr

He was pretty proud of that accomplishment. The closed now version will be first followed by the bass boat version later on.

RedAllison

The closed bow version will be first followed by the bass boat version later on.
A 23-24ft bass version? SIGN ME UP!!! :cool :at the bar

When Darris showed us the 24 plug at the rally several years ago he asked me if I thought a bass version would sell? I told him HELL YES! For those of us who fish open/large water ABSOLUTELY. I wouldn't want something that big if I fished small waters or alot of standing timber most of the time but for those of us that fish large/open waters "bigger is ALWAYS better".

As awesome as the 21 is in sloppy water I simply giggle like schoolkid and get a devilish grin when I think about a 24' A-boat basser on my homewaters of Pickwick & KY Lake in the spring or typical summertime traffic... :razz

I'll worry about talking the ol lady passed the sticker shock later! :argue
RA

ps
Which motor is he using on the 24 plug now? When he began it had a 225SportXS like mine on the tail.

Last edited:

allisonjr

I didnt even think to ask what motor he was running. I do know that the engine is being placed further up into the boat itself to allow the boat to fit into garages and better handling.