Allison 15R

nort

Ok guys, looking for input & advice on rigging and setting up a 15R.
Picked it up last winter after Jr told me he wanted to learn how to fly on the pad.
My 02 has his name on it but he's a bit young.
The 15R I picked up has had the transom & floor done properly. The rest of the structure is mint.
Original gell is still in good shape and it still has the original Allison badging from when they were being built in Marysville.
The plan is to rig it with an Evinrude Sizzler 50 hp 2 cylinder for the first season (or few weeks) then upgrade to a 3 cylinder Hustler.
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Greg

nort

That's kinda the point.
Want the kid to walk/run before he flys.....
The Sizzler may only last a few weeks befor he can out drive it.
The other thing I've gotta consider is the local cops....
For kids upto 16 they're limited to 40hp (supposed to be). I'll put new stickers on the Sizzler to make it legal.
There's only one local cop that'll realise the change and he'll be to busy checking out the boat to care.
If the Hustler is "needed" that soon I may have to resticker it as well......
Maybe I'll disguise it as a 40hp / 4 stroke.......
At this point I'm looking for any historical info on setups with the 49/56 OMC stuff.......setback, weight balance etc.
Let's see whatcha got guys.......

nort

You get healed up after Jasper??
Lol, you bet brother!
Collar bone is all good, wrist & shoulder are still on the mend but that's the nature of soft tissue vs bones.
The hull has gone back to "the mother ship" for a new deck.
The motor internals are getting magnafluxed in the next few weeks then it'll be going back together.
Should have it all back together by the time I can no longer walk down my test track (after it melts!!)
In the mean time I've gotta get my XR02 rerigged for stock class racing next year (wifes gonna start driving that one) and get Jr's 15R ready for spring as well.

randybob

Lol, you bet brother!
Collar bone is all good, wrist & shoulder are still on the mend but that's the nature of soft tissue vs bones.
The hull has gone back to "the mother ship" for a new deck.
The motor internals are getting magnafluxed in the next few weeks then it'll be going back together.
Should have it all back together by the time I can no longer walk down my test track (after it melts!!)
In the mean time I've gotta get my XR02 rerigged for stock class racing next year (wifes gonna start driving that one) and get Jr's 15R ready for spring as well.

The 2 cylinder will be a good starting point I would bet it will get close to 60

rickbutt55

Ok guys, looking for input & advice on rigging and setting up a 15R.
Picked it up last winter after Jr told me he wanted to learn how to fly on the pad.
My 02 has his name on it but he's a bit young.
The 15R I picked up has had the transom & floor done properly. The rest of the structure is mint.
Original gell is still in good shape and it still has the original Allison badging from when they were being built in Marysville.
The plan is to rig it with an Evinrude Sizzler 50 hp 2 cylinder for the first season (or few weeks) then upgrade to a 3 cylinder Hustler.
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Greg
Do you have any pictures of the Allison badging?