Alisyn Progear 21 Zero Weight

Volatile

Well, I guess our experience has been different than some. Viscosity is not the only thing that makes a lube perform well. Otherwise we would run Crisco in my differentials. LOL . Seriously, my Tundra is a 4wd with 240k+ miles on it. We tow constantly with it and we've been all over the country towing. Mountains, you name it. The rear gears/bearings look the same as they did when we installed the Alisyn years ago. Same goes with the Mercury gearcases. We've run one on a 2000lb Gambler for a number of years. Its a Lake /Play boat. He runs it hard. 91+mph. And the gears/ bearings looked great the last time we installed seals. Fuel economy and rpm are up on the boat and economy on the truck. Seems fine for us. Expensive stuff for sure. I'm just curious as to how well it does with water in it. Mercury's lube is excellent even if it gets some water in there.
Basically the gears are sliding against each other. Coefficient of friction and wear are reduced because its slipperier than the heavy oils. The lighter viscosity allows for less drag as well. Mix it if you're worried.

Last edited:

Allyfishing

I respect everyones opinions. Had all advice given been negative and or shown that the product was not what it was cracked up to be I would have gone with the advice of NOT putting it into my case.

I'm going to give it a try for next season (and holding the guy to his word that I talked to at Alisyn) and I will report back on how things go.

Thanks
Craig

pirogue

Excellent, I have never had trouble but it's so light it scares the crap out of me. Please keep us posted and good luck!

johnnyracer

Ya ll can take this for what its worth . (Just my experience only)
The case that I run on my race boat has been on 0 weight Alisyn since about 97 or 98.Still goin strong. 10K + everytime it starts up. Same gears and bearings the whole time. I run it VERY HARD!!!!!! I race it and test on it and change for the next race and have run it for 2 races and 2 test sessions before changing sometimes and it still looks good just a little darker but, no issues so far.

Just some more info

John