Air Temp Sensor---260

hack02

Bench testing my Air Temp Sensor, does anyone know how much resistense it should show on my ohm meter. Mine shows 45K at 64degrees outside temp and 57K at 44 degrees outside temp. I'm thinking the meter should read more resistence as the temp goes down but I think my numbers are high. My 260 is running rich across the board so I'm chasing possibilitys. Thanks in advance for any help.

Myron

I just looked in my book and it does not show any resistence numbers, it says it has to be checked with a mercury tester

props4u2

An easy way to test it is to start the engine, while at idle unplug one or both of the wires going to the sensor, if the engine starts loading up plug it back in. If it clears up when you plug it in it is working fine.

Lee

ziemer

Be sure to check the vacuum line fitting on the horn that connects to the ECU. Mine was clogged again this weekend. Boat has been sitting since August, but I cleaned it prior to running it then. I think this Ethanol fuel is the culprit. Never had this much trouble in the past. Might not be your issue, but double check it.