Adventure to pick up my Allison

Mc556

It’s 1208am at the hotel 1:08am my time.I just finished a 11 hour drive after having worked Sat till 2pm.
I have about a hour left to drive in the mourning to Louisiana. Yes tropical storm tomorrow Louisiana. I’ll pick up my new to me SS2000 then drive back home. Should be about 12-1am when I get back. Monday at work is going to suck, but I’ll have my first Allison at home.

gmorgan

Not the last time you’ll fight for your Allison. They get like family.

Mc556

Just walked into the house
1405 miles.
Left Sat at 3 just rolled in at 11:59 Sunday night. I’m going to bed.

DOUBLE J

I was the original owner of that boat. It was white with yellow stripes and black windshield. The upholstery was yellow with white inserts. Had a 280 on it and ran real good.

Mc556

That is very cool to know.
I had a feeling someone would know it’s history. It’s still solid but needs some TLC. Called Allison today and I am going to get another seat for side by side with the wife and a slider bracket.
The flat black paint is what it is. I’ll get it wrapped to the waterline in the off-season.

dubmoney

congrats, I too have a story about how I flew out to meet my boat and the super cool guy I purchased it from. I look forward to hearing about your journey, mine has been so fun!

Ally-Sun

Congrats on the new to you Allison! They are amazing boats for certain! I think I have the record... 5037 mile round trip to get my gal. The first Allison I had seen in person was mine! Have fun and enjoy the ride!

Mc556

Congrats on the new to you Allison! They are amazing boats for certain! I think I have the record... 5037 mile round trip to get my gal. The first Allison I had seen in person was mine! Have fun and enjoy the ride!
That kills my 1400 miles.

SlowHayden

I just got back from a 1500 mile round trip to pick up my first Allison. East TN to New York. Left Friday at 4pm, picked up the boat at 6am and got back home at 9pm. Worth every mile!

Mc556

I just got back from a 1500 mile round trip to pick up my first Allison. East TN to New York. Left Friday at 4pm, picked up the boat at 6am and got back home at 9pm. Worth every mile!
Where in East TN are you at?
I am fed up with the lakes in my area.
It takes a little over a hour to get to a ramp. We have so many people that the wake is non stop from surf boats and pontoons draging along overloaded 10mph
I’d rather drive a bit further for some good spots with better conditions. I’m about 2 hrs from Johnson City 2.5 from Knoxville give or take.

SlowHayden

Where in East TN are you at?
I am fed up with the lakes in my area.
It takes a little over a hour to get to a ramp. We have so many people that the wake is non stop from surf boats and pontoons draging along overloaded 10mph
I’d rather drive a bit further for some good spots with better conditions. I’m about 2 hrs from Johnson City 2.5 from Knoxville give or take.
I’m down in Loudon which is a bit south of Knoxville. I usually go out on Tellico lake but plan on heading up to Norris and some other lakes in the area soon.

Mc556

I’m down in Loudon which is a bit south of Knoxville. I usually go out on Tellico lake but plan on heading up to Norris and some other lakes in the area soon.
I just made a post about my experience yesterday in the question forum. I am looking for proven areas I can enjoy the Allison . If not I minds well buy a center console mini van salt water boat.

SlowHayden

I just made a post about my experience yesterday in the question forum. I am looking for proven areas I can enjoy the Allison . If not I minds well buy a center console mini van salt water boat.
Tellico is my personal favorite. Big enough it doesn’t seem overcrowded usually, pretty clean from junk floating around, plenty of sandbars and good marinas/restaurants and it connects all the way down to Fort Loudon so you can run all the way up to Knoxville if you wanted. Good mix of everything, plus it’s the closest to me so that’s a bonus.