Aces

Mark Savage

i know this has been talked about, but have not been paying close attention to it, but now i am, just lost all of my non-ethenol gas stations, if i use the ACES and a water filter, this should cover me. Since the aces bumps the octane up, do i still run the 93 octane? Thanks in advance Mark....

BP1

If 93 octane was OK before, just keep running that.
ACES is just going to lighten your wallet.

I'd skip the water seperator too.
If you are concerned about moisture, keep a full tank and don't buy fuel on the water or use it after sitting three weeks.

Last edited:
J

John Richied

With the ethanol it might be a good idea to replace your fuel lines every 2 years or so

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Talk to Todd from Hydromotive about the Aces. He can tell you all you need to know. He runs it and I have heard lots of people say you can run high compression heads with pump gas along with Aces and be safe. Have heard like 170 psi and be good.

BP1

Talk to Todd from Hydromotive about the Aces. He can tell you all you need to know. He runs it and I have heard lots of people say you can run high compression heads with pump gas along with Aces and be safe. Have heard like 170 psi and be good.
Aren't they a dealer for ACES?

Last edited:

John S

Aren't they a dealer for the stuff?

Id be interested what that has to do with anything? I would hope youre not questioning Todd and Thom's credibility, because they are as straight shooting as it gets. I also am curious of your infatuation with dealers...

BP1

Hey Idiot

Id be interested what that has to do with anything? I would hope youre not questioning Todd and Thom's credibility, because they are as straight shooting as it gets. I also am curious of your infatuation with dealers...
It's bad enough with the spell checking and grammar checks,but now the motives to our questions are under scrutiny?
Do you know what a discussion forum is?
As far as me implying anything about Thom and Todd, I have done business with them in the past and have been a satisfied customer. I have also spoken with them in regards to doing a knob cut on a chopper prop of mine.
Besides paranoia and poor reading comprehension what led you to come to the conclusion that I was questioning their integrity?

Back to the original subject matter ACES...
I did my own research on ACES and don't feel it is relevant or necessary for recreational boating with stock compression engines and anecdotal examples like "my cousins best friend ran it for 2 years and never blew his engine up" don't prove a thing to me.
I'll also add that I have been running my stuff hard for years (with and without ethanol) and haven't experienced any failures that ACES would have prevented.

So with Hydromotive being moderators on Ally Owners as well an ACES dealer(?) who better to interject first hand information. Maybe the original poster of this thread would like to know that information if deciding to call them.
One thing for sure, It sure as **** isn't for you to decide what gets asked or said.

John S

Re: Hey Idiot

Besides paranoia and poor reading comprehension what led you to come to the conclusion that I was questioning their integrity?

and anecdotal examples like "my cousins best friend ran it for 2 years and never blew his engine up" don't prove a thing to me.QUOTE]

Prell, Im sure youre a nice guy, but you really need to calm down on the rhetoric. I dont think Brack or anyone else said anything with a "my cousin" reference. It was stated that a well trusted dealer has done extensive testing, and feels it worthy to represent a product with their name on the line.

"In my research"???? Your research of not using it? And you call me the idiot? Sounds like you have the cousin story. Well, I have used it, along with a group of guys that run s3000's, high comp promax's, 260's, etc, and all have done teardowns and seen nice results (good cylinder, bearing lubrication, good reads on pistons). Can you say that your "research" has been as thorough? No one has ever said its the end all, be all. Just that it affords a certain amount of protection. And yes, saying that all it will do is lighten your wallet, doesnt take a psychic to read into what you mean. I dont think you got a knob cut, just a cut for a knob.

Its cute how you edit your post to hide your insinuation. Ill just stop here.

John S

Mark, sorry for the sidetrack...it happens from time to time. What you need to do is call a dealer (I suggest the boys at Hydromotive), and hear the skinny on the product, then go from there with the information. In my personal experience, it has netted a positive effect.

jbf 2002

I have used ACES in my personal drag with 180#'s of squish and 92 octane pump gas.........no failures in a whole season.

Prell is a complete TOOL.....not a Snap-on but more like a chrome vanadium china brand from the swap meet.

BP you might as well save your opinions as you stated you have not used it anyway.

j.f.

BP1

You guys forgot to add, "besides everybody is using it"
Most helpful.

Last edited:

jbf 2002

As usual johnnie has to speak......,

I guess the question is how much compression is in the "stock" motor? If it is 120-130 and the timing is set to stock spec. then the answer would be no, It does not do anything other than make the motor run fat, but fat lives......right johnnie?

My use of the ACES has been good, no problems.

Why do you always have to include me in your relationship with GPI? As you well know I had nothing to do with you or your GPI dealings.

I would guess that a fella like you spouting out all this great boating advise would build YOUR OWN powerheads.

You are still a TOOL, but I liked your slam on Cliff's Animal project.

j.f.

Allyfishing

As usual johnnie has to speak......,

I guess the question is how much compression is in the "stock" motor? If it is 120-130 and the timing is set to stock spec. then the answer would be no, It does not do anything other than make the motor run fat, but fat lives......right johnnie?

My use of the ACES has been good, no problems.

OK, now I'm confused! I called Todd at Hydromotive about this and after he explained what it does I ordered and am using ACES in my fresh rebuilt '96 225 PM. I was told I could eliminate using Sta-Bil and Seafoam while using the ACES. Am I doing the right thing? And by asking that question I realize that I just doubted Todd's advice! My apologies!

I want what's best for my engine especially after what I saw with my new fuel line last year. I removed the line from the bulb and hooked it up to my remote tank with the winterizing "cocktail" to run thru the engine when I noticed the inner lining peeling apart and it was all gooey and sticky. I was told it was the ethanol that did that (and I had been using Sta-Bil and Seafoam) and by using ACES I could be confident that my fuel would remain stable and my engine clean.
No offense to anyone!
Craig :beer:

GFinch

Sack O Cats ran on Aces for a while (1.25 gallons) until a piston decided it didn't like life any more. Well not all of that 1.25 gal went through it. It went in other infernal combustion engines I own also. Haven't used any lately due to 120 lbs of compression shouldn't need any.

john4utvols

Mark I thought all our gas stations went all ethenol because it was posted on the tank, but our Cheveron, and Conoco don't have it in the 93, but I didn't know this until I asked. Aces does work great.