About to purchase

Kjohnson636

Probationary User
Hello! I’ve decided to buy an Allison XB21 2+2 (can’t post in wanted since my account is too new) I had a few questions.
1 - How difficult is it to get replacement parts if something breaks since there’s not many of them?
2 - Is there any particular problem with Allison’s specifically to watch out for if I buy used?
3 - Anyone have one for sale preferably in Florida? Haha.

Thanks, need to post 5 times to post in the wanted column. Not trying to ask annoying questions just need to post.

22R

1. You can call the Allison Factory direct for parts. With the XB 21 models I imagine no problem with almost any part since you can still get quite a few for our older boats.
  2. None with the XB 21's I am aware of.
  3. Don't know but search internet.
Welcome to Allison and hope you find a boat. You will be amazed at the ownership experience of em.

22R

GotMyAlly

Check the trailer fit. Make sure the bunks haven't settled, allowing the hull to rest on the rollers. They'll rub thru the gel in no time. The rollers are just guides.... should be clearance between them and the hull once seated on the trailer. If they're touching, you need to either raise the bunks or lower the rollers.

Reactions: 22R