A Ranger in my family!!!

RedAllison

LMAO whodu thunk it? Drove over too Hot Springs, AR for this weekend for Christmas with my dad. He and my step-mom had already arranged with my wife to get our kids a puppy for Christmas. :rolling eyes I wasn't really that happy about something else to take care of and feed, the kids cat is about the perfect pet, nearly maintenance free. Anyway we got here at my dads this afternoon and about an hour later in walks my pops with the finest 6mth ol Chocolate Lab you've ever seen! We couldn't have planned it like that if we'd tried. I'd always said if I WAS actually gonna get the kids a dog it'd either have to be a Golden Retriever or Chocolate Lab. He came from a choc momma and a big yellow lab dad that was owned by a friend of my step-sisters who owed her a favor!

Anyway the kids AND my wife were just oooing and ahhing over him and he was the normal choc just waggin that big ol tail and eatin up the attention. My brother-in-law was snickering at me as the kids was asking what the dogs name was. RANGER is what he goes by!!! :confused: My wife DIED laughing and said the name was STAYING. :help

Imagine that, me rollin down the river with a dog named RANGER in the boat!!! :LMAO:
RA

John S

Well, youll have the fastest Ranger ever, eh? You cant go wrong with labs. Ive got a buddy that has a copper colored one, never seen anything like it, but its the prettiest coat Ive ever seen on a dog. Congrats, and get your shat shovel out.lol

Last edited:

BigRedAlli

HaHaHaHa!!! That's a Good One!!! Ranger!!!! :LMAO:

I got a 10 yr. old Choc. Lab...Best dog I ever had. Hate the fact her age is starting to catch up with her though.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family!!!

Ranger!!!! :LMAO: Thats too funny!!!

Leigh

That's great. I can't wait to meet Ranger. Maybe you need to think of a double name for him like Allison Ranger or Merc Ranger.

RedAllison

lol we just drove back home tonight and along the way my wife was like, "He needs a middle name". I was like, "How about Chevelle?" :twisted evil She didn't like that idea so we kicked around some names and being he's a chockie and in a huntin family I said, "Browning". They LOVED it, so his full name is now "Ranger Browning McFarland"... :big grin

At sumbeech travels purty good to, it's about 5 hours from my dads too my place and he made it without a peep. Welp other than a couple bouts with gas he let fly inda truck! :cuss WOW how duz such a creature create such a STANK? :confused I always wondered what those electric, flip out, side windows in the back of my wifes Expedition was for. REALIZED it tonight somewhere around Brinkley, AR. They are EMERGENCY, COLD WEATHER, GAS RELIEF VALVES that when combined with a slightly opened sun roof allow for quick cockpit environment evacuation without putting all the windows down as it was only 35 degrees!!!

LooLoo maybe Bo can teach him how to drank Bud Light at the beach this summer!!!
RA

countrycoolio

Red quit blaming your flatulance on that innocent dog. I do like the name though, only thing that could have been better would be Ranger Obama McFarland.

The Cashew Kid

Had to "pimpify" his name for ya. Gotta have a pimp name to match his poppa.:LMAO:ol "Fadeproof Red Flash":LMAO::LMAO:

Macktastic Mcfarland Flex
Diamondtrim Ranger Browning Squeeze
Sweet Chocolate Ranger Browning Fresh
Ice Master Mcfarland Slick
Fadeproof Mcfarland Dogg

RedAllison

"...Sweet Chocolate Ranger Browning Fresh..." :LMAO: :LMAO:

As Gump said, At dog and dem kids go together like "peas and carrots"!!! :big grin
RA