60.8MPH 10 YEAR OLD

jay j

MY DAUGHTER AND I WENT FOR A LITTLE SPIN LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND SHE ASKED IF SHE COULD DRIVE MY GRANDSPORT AND HAVING LET HER BEFORE AND RIDING WITH ME NUMEROUS TIMES
I GVE HER A TURN AT THE HELM. AFTER ABOUT 10 MINUTES AND RIDING IN A QUIET SECLUDED COVE SHE LET HER RIP AND SHE DID REAL WELL
MORE LIKE A NATURAL BALANCE AND I MADE HER LET OFF AND IT HAD NOT STARTED THE WALK YET. SOME FRIENDS COULD NOT HIT 55 ON IT.
I RECKON KIDS REALLY DO WATCH WHAT THEIR PARENTS DO. I KNOW SHE IS UNDER AGE AT 10(12 IS THE AGE IN ALABAMA)BUT WE HAD OUR
JACKETS ON AND THE LANYARD ATTACHED. ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ANY STORIES?

jwburke

Young drivers

My 8 year old daughter drives my SS2000. I let her take it up to about 4000 rpms with a 24 pitch 4 blade on it. It is kinda scary when she comes up on plane. She drove 2 of us aruound Douglas lake this past week. I have to put some stuff on the seat for her and put a 2X4 on the accelerator.

JOE

RedAllison

My kids LOVE to drive. I let my 7 yr old daughter and 5 yr old son hold the wheel while I drive but my 9 year old son is big and strong enough to actually drive the boat himself. I always put them in my lap and operate the trim and hotfoot myself, but my 9 yr old has gotten good at driving. I have a picture that I took of him on Memorial Day running at 5k (which is what somewhere in the low-mid 60s with my 27" Trophy?). Since he was in my lap the picture is right over the top of his head. Nothing but the top of his head, the console, the flag I was flyin from my font pedestal and the lake blurring by can be seen in the pic. I remember when I was only 8 my dad put me solo in the drivers seat of one of his competition lake jets so it's just a...

family tradition, :wink:
RA

ps
Joes daughter likes to ride in the back just as much as the front. During the rally at Linda's Joe carried his daughter and a lil friend of hers for a ride (was it Tim Messers daughter?) and just as he was holeshotting it the girls both had their arms straight up in the air like they were on a rollercoaster! :lol:

J

John Richied

That’s pretty neat Jay… So I guess that means our kids pick up our good habits too… :mrgreen:

What a great Fathers Day present

Joe, looking at your avatar you REALLY NEED an Ally Foil... LOL :wink: