40 cents gas tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

brotherxb03

I heard on the news yesterday that they are talking about adding a 40 cents gas tax to up grade road's and bridges,since the one in Minnisota failed. That will realy help the already failing economy.

TN XB-21

Vote for Democrats. That will insure anything that moves (or sits for that matter) will be taxed!:smile

David Lanham

What are they doing with the gas tax money they receive now?

I wonder how much of our gas tax money actually hits the "road".

I don't know about you guys, but seems like everywhere you turn around these day you see or here of a new tax or tax increase of some sort.

CommonArcWelder

I bought diesel this morning for $3.15.....Went down about 15-20 cents.....Now they wanting to tax it 40 cents? These folks we have in office are 100% nuts. Our economy sucks as it is. I told the guy's at work a month ago, "You know the economy is hitting rock bottom again when Wal-Mart starts laying off". What do you know; Wally World has started laying off. Not gonna get into the politics aspect of this.......

froggy

Federal "gasoline tax" (really road use tax) is, currently $.185---our local (Oklahoma) road use tax is $.175 = $.36/gallon in Oklahoma (lowest in nation). Diesel road use tax is somewhat different.

The rest of the cost of gasoline is due to crude oil and manufacturing/marketing margin.

Can you see the Feds upping this tax by $.40? It would really never go down again and no child would be left behind!

froggy

K

Kevin from FL

Guys, we've been down this road before and the Allison Owners board isn't the place to talk politics.

Hell, we can't even plan a rally without a fight!

PS: Posts have been removed that prompted action.

Status
Not open for further replies.