375lb 300hp Verado release date?

whipper

110 on a GS is really fast. Even with your parameter what pitch of prop are you thinking of?
Thats one thing. I wouldnt want to use anything bigger than 32. I feel because of the GS being heavier and me they need a motor that has some weight to it in order to over come some of the flightiness above 105 basicly. There wider so the air under the hull needs to be kept under control. Then theres the cock pit. The air swoops over your shoulders and down into the rear passenger seats and swirls on the floor. A rear race hatch and no passenger seat side steer with a center rear hatch from an 02 with engine fairing. These mods above hull should stop alot of the down force at the fulcrum point at midship. The GS is very light forward of the cockpit. Even at 98 I feel and see the bow needing to be stabilized from the down force from inside the cock pit. Almost everyone i talked to who runs over 100 like the way the GS with a Passenger rides above 100 better than solo. The red GS with the modded 300PM at 110 as an example ran way better with passengers at that speed. He never felt as solidly planted solo at those speeds he said. It liked the weight to punch threw the air better. i believe the passengers also displace that air in the cockpit aswell to a higher degree than with out.

Going to take some playing around with setup for a while thats for sure. But wear theres a will theres a way. I haven't asked him but Ill bet you Harrells GS with the 250XS runs 94 as steady as a rock compared to a feather weight back there on these hulls. A 260 is probably the best power plant suited to run 106 and less. Todds must feel pretty comfortable with how his GS runs with weight in her also to run 103 with passengers. Hence they like the wieght to settle them down when the aerodynamics and hydrodynamic forces are greater. So more weight added is going to require the HP also. The 300xs or Yamaha seem to be the best choices to make this happen.

whipper

Be careful James, I don't want to see you become one of us, Those who have been thrown out of an Allison!
Thanks Gary I hope not also. Real close a couple times but managed to hang on.:beer: It will be a while before I get around to all this. Its on my bucket list lets say. I don't plan on jumping into anything thats for sure. i have way more respect for these boats and the power that moves them. I will only go as fast as {feels} right. Any quirkiness its back to the drawing board. I got my GS so I can go no hands above 90 now. i figured that was good. But now its so boring running 90-95 with the 225 I need to spice things up a bit. :rolleyes: