300X OR 3.0 LITER WATER PRESURE

MERCCRAZY

any one ever had a motor not have water presure above 10lbs at wot, but no heat alarm , tried new gauge, = same. flushed , checked thermo stats, still the same , even took a lower unit with good presure and still the same. i'm thinking gasket between block and can?

jimmyb

what motor specifically? do you have a temp gauge?

if it is a newer merc 3.0L motor (250XS, 300x, 225 proxs), with guardian, it wont give you a warning horn unless your pressure is low AND the temps start getting out of hand (greater than 150ish).

MERCCRAZY

its an 03 300x, have not hooked up the manual temp gauge yet, but if the motor was not getting enuff water the gaurdian would tell me wouldn't it?
thanks for the reply!

MERCCRAZY

the manual water pres gauge will bounce real bad at WOT. and when I go into a turn it will fall to 5lbs or less, I have had an 05 300x, and a 03 250xs on the same boat in just a few months with good presure. i have changed lower units with a 300x that i knew had good presure and no change. so where the heck is the problem?

jimmyb

do you have any smart craft gauges hooked up???? what are they telling you ???

jimmyb

I highly recommend that anyone running a smartcraft capable motor runs at least the system monitor gauge. It costs roughly $300, but gives you TONS of info. water pressure, fuel flow, trim, rpm, etc, plus it gives you information when you get an alarm

Honestly, it sounds like your water pressure gauge is screwed up or maybe something is wrong where you plumbed in for the water pressure. I would recommend checking the pressure line and see if there is any weed or crap in it...

MERCCRAZY

i talked to steve at lawrenceburg marine he feels its a gauge or popit valve too,

Kruton

jimmyb, How hard is it to install the smartcraft gauges? You need a wireing harness and what else to to hook it up?

jimmyb

gauges are dead simple to hook up... plug one end of the cable into the motor and plug the other end into the back of the gauge (for a sc1000 system monitor). The hardest part is pulling the cable thru the boat

read this link:

http://www.mercurymarine.com/united_states