3.3ltr 15" Mercury.

Hydrilla Gear

are you really asking 25k or was it a typo??

I am really ASKING 25K. This motor started life as a 3ltr. Not an XS block. Those who are in the know understand what kind of money these motors take to build. Is there wiggle room yes. If your not sure what it cost to build one then maybe have Simon quote it..

The motor is an animal and clearly not for everyone. Neither is the price.

Can it be done for less using used parts. I am sure it can be.. Very very few used parts went into this motor. 95% of it is all Brand new from Mother Merc..

I am negotiable as always but it is what it is A MONSTER..lol

Also included is about 1800 worth of steering.

Thanks guys

Last edited:

alc

they are nice engines. 300 pro max block,w/.030 over Vertex pistons. I am rebuilding one at present, due to burnt piston. has 4" t/b with 2" spacer between plenum and front 1/2 to accomadate injectors. has 250 xb fuel and 300 pm ingnition ecu's billit alum. heads w/ removeable pockets. they look good w/ the Taylor Marine 15" mid section.

Attachments

Hydrilla Gear

they are nice engines. 300 pro max block,w/.030 over Vertex pistons. I am rebuilding one at present, due to burnt piston. has 4" t/b with 2" spacer between plenum and front 1/2 to accomadate injectors. has 250 xb fuel and 300 pm ingnition ecu's billit alum. heads w/ removeable pockets. they look good w/ the Taylor Marine 15" mid section.
Very nice! This is a little bit different combo. Running on late model 300x electronics.

Hydrilla Gear

Yes sir. Its a Taylor Marine mid. This is one of the late casted mids. I currently have it rigged on my 21xrd Comp Bullet. Boat ran 105-106 with a bone stock 05 300x/lower. With very little set up and a 30 Pro ET.

So far I only have 4 hrs on this motor just a few quick sperts to 101@5400. Motor makes loads of torque and I have pulled some 35 and 36" wheels out the hole.. Mid to high teens are to be expected if I keep it around.

Ruck block, Taylor heads, mid and lower unit billet parts. Erics parts and ECU.. JC Propeller Lower unit. LAke Side Marine expansion chamber.. Custom Cowls. The list goes on and I am very anal about my stuff so I went the extra mile to make sure everything looks perfect and custom.

Will sell complete boat turn key for 55K Best of the best in the boat as well.

Darth VMAX

That is the BEST lookin 300x I have EVER seen! Did you repaint the cowl? The gloss's refection is awesome and the flat black with the merc emblem is a VERY nice touch!

Too bad Sportmasters rough, dirt/oil catching surfaces can mess up the looks of motors...

That would SCREAM on a XB2002! Whats it weigh?

whipper

Thats a sweet looking motor for sure!!! You surly should get over 120 as the stock 300XS is 115 on a Bullet isnt it? Is yours the 335HP Simon or what HP does it have? Gota love those Taylor mids they look bad arse!!

Hydrilla Gear

That is the BEST lookin 300x I have EVER seen! Did you repaint the cowl? The gloss's refection is awesome and the flat black with the merc emblem is a VERY nice touch!

Too bad Sportmasters rough, dirt/oil catching surfaces can mess up the looks of motors...

That would SCREAM on a XB2002! Whats it weigh?
Darth, Thanks for the compliments. Anyone who has seen a raw Taylor mid can tell you that they are FAR from ready to paint. Very rough casting with small voids etc.. I sanded the mid prepped, primed, painted, cleared.... Hrs into the mid and cowl.. Most guys just prime and paint the mid and go on with it.. Pics it looks fine then in person... you see the lack of perfection.. I am a stickler for those kind of things...

The cowl is a custom fiberglass cowl that was popped from a factory 300x. You notice how the factory cowls have the MowHawk or seem where they are glued together... This has all been smoothed in and you will see NO mowhawk on this cowl... Just a little custom touch in my opnion...

The motor probably weighs close to the stock weight. Yes its shorter but that Taylor mid is no light weight.. It may be 25lbs lighter i dunno...

As for the stianed Lower.. Don't forget I have only 5hrs on this motor and have been throwing the oil/fuel to it. The ECU is out of break in and I should be backing off some fuel psi as well.

FYI still oil injected.

I have not run the motor on a Dyno and I probably never will. I know some others who have built this same platform and I am certain it should be in the 385hp+ range. Idles like a top and runs smooth thru the range just has a really pissed off attitude called upon.. I do plan to run the motor while I have it for sale and I wlill put up some numbers when i have some...

I am un aware of any bullet that has seen 115with a stock 300xs... Maybe a CC with Paul behind the wheel but its not your every day numbers... Also keep in mind I have a 22' right side drive rig... Its going to be fast but @ 115 plus a LOT of things come into play... If this boat was a CC I would say it would see 120's... As far a typical right side rig... Aero dynamics I think will be a factor.. Plus the reason I am selling is simply because I do not want to go this fast...

Truth be told I was looking to sell befor assembly.. Kinda hard to sell a bunch of nuts and bolts in a box.. So I saw the build thru and have it up for sale.. Its much more then I want... I would also consider a trade plus.. on an XS motor.. Or If someone is interested in the powerhead alone I may entertain the thought... Fishing is what puts a smile on my face and I have gotten carried away with the zoom zoom.:laughing

whipper

Well said Hydrilla. This might be sick on a 21 Allison? Not sure if a 15 goes with the 21,s or not? Very sweet mota for sure!!:beer:To bad the 23ft Grand Sport isnt ready yet this would rock on that hull.

Darth VMAX

I did not notice the lack of a "Mowhawk" Wow...you are right, looks MUCH better without it. It's a stunning looking motor. Makes me wonder why you want to sell it. There can't be any stronger 300x motors out there for a basser!

I am thinking this may be IDEAL for one of Lanier's boats.

whipper

I did not notice the lack of a "Mowhawk" Wow...you are right, looks MUCH better without it. It's a stunning looking motor. Makes me wonder why you want to sell it. There can't be any stronger 300x motors out there for a basser!

Yes there running 120 with less power than this one!! Theres a lot of boats this power plant would be great for thats for sure!! Lots of 21,s would be my size range with this SOB.
21 Trick,Skater,Allison?,Progrestion,Activator,liborator,Checkmate,STV,Lanier, just to name a few.All will go 100++ with this motor with ease.

Todd D

This motor is strong for sure, loads of torque!!!! This motor is almost identical to the motor on the White Knuckles Stroker that i turned into a CC, the only difference is a little bit more has been done in the block on this one. I have three other motors out there with the same porting as this one and one has almost 100 trouble free hours. The white knuckles boat has been 121.46 so far. This motor is very similar to the Simon 3.3L stroker motors with a little more porting and the factory oil injection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9VbLczn9kc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqVgbNFk3nk

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

Dang Shook! That Stroker is almost as fast as you! ;-) And WAAAAAYYYYYY faster than me LOL
Thats moving, no matter WHAT the hull or motor!

Hydrilla Gear

Darth, More pics added at top of post. Pg1.

Anyhow, I am selling due to a handfull of things I have going on in my life right now. My close friends know whats up as I have shared with some. No secrets with me and not trying to "dump" a problem child.

I am actually selling boat and all. Asking 55K turn key for everything! And all my stuff is mint.