280 ROS vs Promax on xb2003

Dondante

Which motor would be best and what differences would I see between the two? Will the 280 give me a huge amount of power? Money isn't the issue (long story) I have both motors and the 280 is fresh with only 150ish hours and never been ran WOT at all.

ally2dextreme

I would diffently start with the promax,it will get your heart pumping and be a more mild mannered rig to learn with..Save the 280 if you decide you need a little more,more acceleration,more gasmore oil,more matniance,more noise lol

Dondante

Driving the boat isn't the problem. Ive driven them before and grew up with hi-performamce v bottom boats.

Now if the 280 drinks less fuel..haha I know it doesn't.
That's a no brainer. I think the key to it is if the 280 is that much difference in speed etc.

I can rering and rebuild myself. I do all of my own work.

rmills280

i have found that the 280 gets about the same mpg as a pro max 200efi etc. the 260 diff. story, acceleration not in the same ball park.

ally2dextreme

Driving the boat isn't the problem. Ive driven them before and grew up with hi-performamce v bottom boats.

Now if the 280 drinks less fuel..haha I know it doesn't.
That's a no brainer. I think the key to it is if the 280 is that much difference in speed etc.

I can rering and rebuild myself. I do all of my own work.
Then it's a no brainer sell me the promax and go with the 280

Dondante

I'll post here when I get my Promax pulled off the other boat(putting a 200efi on it to sell.) I'm waiting for my xb2003 to have my carpet replaced. Send me a PM so I'll remember you are looking for a 225pm. It's pretty clean looking.

Attachments

ally2dextreme

I'll post here when I get my Promax pulled off the other boat(putting a 200efi on it to sell.) I'm waiting for my xb2003 to have my carpet replaced. Send me a PM so I'll remember you are looking for a 225pm. It's pretty clean looking.
Perfect!

Myron

I have had both, I will not go back to a 280, way to much maintenance if you put a lot of hours on your boat, which I do.