26 or 28 et?

ragtopvet

I have a 2002t with a 97 260ss, 11 inch setback,no rev limiter on chip,haven't had the boat long so haven't opened it up all the way yet.I'm turning a 26 4 blade yamaha copy7000rpm @90mph.Was thinking about getting a 28 et but found a deal on a once run 26 et.Would the 26 be the one i need?I usually run with small fishing load,1 person, 3 batt.,trolling motor,2 fish finders.

hack02

A good running 260 will pull a 28 and still have decent holeshot. It'll also keep the rpm down a little on the long runs. Of course if you want my advice it is buy the deal on the 26 and keep looking until you run across a deal on a 28 and have the best of both worlds. You can never own too many props. And an et is hard to beat.

J

John Richied

I would buy both a 26 and 28 ET for you rig…

I use to run a 26 ET all the time and this last year I have been running my 28 ET due to the 26 finally cracked. What I noticed is; I lost a little holeshot and mid range but with the 28 ET I burn a lot less fuel! Also running a 28-pitch prop has to add life to your engine… running around at a little less Rpm’s then with a 26 pitch and on those long runs.

But it's hard to beat the punch of a 26 ET... even with a fishin load.

scott mann

Hey ragtopvet

The 26 ET is junk....
"by the way, why don't you send me the tel.# of the guy that's sellin' it?" LOL

ragtopvet

To late,bought the 26 friday from Glen Reynolds!Ran it this morning,whew everything else i have is JUNK!!! :lol: :lol:

Last edited: