24 volt trim help

xb03

I have a single ram trim and its slow. I'm use to faster trim. My new xb2003 has two batteries for the 24/48 trolling motor. Is there an easy way to wire up 24v to my up trim, without adding a battery?
Thanks, Jared20170109_140935.jpg

Bobalouie

You could switch to a Mercruiser pump. They are as fast as 24V on the pump you have.

On the pump you show in your picture, the top solenoid ( the one with the blue wire coming out of the trim pump) is your up solenoid. That solenoid should have 4 poles, One has a blue wire that goes to your pump, one has a black ground wire, one has a red hot wire, and one has blue wires coming in from your switches. Both solenoids share the same power feed, so you will need to remove the jumper from one solenoid to the other to isolate the up solenoid from the down. Leave the down solenoid hooked up to 12V. Run a new red wire from the up solenoid where the old red wire was over to your battery compartment and hook it up to your 24V source and you should be good to go.

I had the same pump as you at first, hooked up to 24V on the up side, and eventually changed to the Mercruiser pump because it is faster and you can see how much fluid is in it. I cut the wires off of the input plug (the one you have the hose clamp on) and wired everything up direct to the solenoids, for me it was simpler that way. This is what mine looked like:

Last edited:

90 5.0

I wired a canister pump like yours to 24v and it blew the guts out in two weeks, but it was 17 years old also.

I replaced it with a bobs pump and it is twice as fast on 12 as the canister pump was and really fast on 24.

The bobs is ALOT cheaper than a new mecruiser also. And you have to be careful with the mercruiser pumps not all of them are fast need to know which part number to get etc.

90 5.0

I just noticed you have 3k psi quick disconnects on your pump, pretty cool.

I want to put those on my power pole to make it faster to get on and off

Bobalouie

Yea, I did that because I had to replace my canister pump because the adapter plate where the hoses fit in stripped out on one side. It was going to cost me as much to replace that one part as it was to get a good used mercruiser pump, and I didnt want it to happen again. So I figured thread the quick disconnects in one time and I lower my chances of screwing up another pump.

xb03

Does anyone have the correct part # for the fast merc pump?

garyroholt

I have a single ram trim and its slow. I'm use to faster trim. My new xb2003 has two batteries for the 24/48 trolling motor. Is there an easy way to wire up 24v to my up trim, without adding a battery?
Thanks, JaredView attachment 11266
Yes you can. Run 24 volt to a separate circuit/trim switch, and add a third pump relay . If you go to S&F search a bit you'll find a wiring diagram.