24 Grandsport..

whipper

If Darris has the prototype there get some pictured to post. Better yet video.
last I heared about a month ago he was working on her a bit every day. He wasnt happy with the botom so was trying some things with that. Thats about all I heard.

K.Kiser

With the current economy, I would assume it's a tough road to sink alot of time and resources into something with such a lofty expected sticker price... Sad times for recreational boats...

Darth VMAX

Kiser, I was thinking the same thing.... Who knows, Darris marches to the beat of his own drum.

suicidealli

darris working on it himself a few hours here and there isn't going to make a difference, as far as overhead. he maybe waiting for the big turn around..... i would hate to see the price tag. if i had to guess upper 40's w/o motor. i heard a ss is 30 now. WOW

john4utvols

Ok how many years have we talked about this 4, I guess Darris is waiting on 2013 to make sure the world is not coming to a end in 2012.

lightening rod

Whipper, I would not count on any pics or video. From what I understand Darris was a little upset the last time some pics got out of it. I was very surprised that he even took a group up to see it, that area is usually off limits and very few people outside of the folks working with projects up there get to see anything before he is ready to go to market with it.

whipper

Whipper, I would not count on any pics or video. From what I understand Darris was a little upset the last time some pics got out of it. I was very surprised that he even took a group up to see it, that area is usually off limits and very few people outside of the folks working with projects up there get to see anything before he is ready to go to market with it.
I thought the same thing when I saw the pics. Thats ok she was a little incomplete so Im sure there wasnt anything to revealing. He told me how fast with the 27 trophy also that wasnt a secret. I hope shes a big succses. Im sure she would be. Theres a way bigger market these days for that size of boat than the 20 and under. The local dealer hear has sold out of most of his larger boats. The real estate market hasnt felt the crunch like you guys down south. I dont know if its going to or not? Maybe its a delaid reaction hear because every one is still thawing out. BTW It was over 90 F hear today!!:gasp I got my first sun burn. It was so hot but the lake was so cold because the ice just came off 2 weeks ago you couldnt jump in to cool off. I mean it was COLD.
I just baked in the boat and went for high speed runs to cool off with the knob cut.

john4utvols

Chris why did Darris get upset for. When we asked Darris about the boat he opened the doors wide open for everybody to see. He knew pictures and videos were being taken. He was even explaining what he was doing different on the hull. If it was that bad all he had to say was please don't post any pics this is top secert. I don't want anybody else to see it. It seemed to me that he was happy to show it off. Just my opinion.

lightening rod

John, I dont know, unfortunately I was over at the park when everyone else went up there. I was just going by what Nancy had told me a few days later. She did not act like it was a huge deal or anything, just that he had mentioned it after some of the pics showed up on the internet.

whipper

John, I dont know, unfortunately I was over at the park when everyone else went up there. I was just going by what Nancy had told me a few days later. She did not act like it was a huge deal or anything, just that he had mentioned it after some of the pics showed up on the internet.
Ahh I'm sure its OK. Darris may have second guess what he did is all no big deal I think.Always go with your first instinct. I for one when I saw actually sorta:big grin pics of her was more exited and wanting her more. The boat that is.:big grin That told me its a reality and to start saving because that will be my dream boat one day. The perfect size and I know because shes Darris,s design she will be great looking and FAST!

john4utvols

Ok, That explains it.