225 pro max

Myron

yes it can and it all depends on what you want and how much money you want to spend

zatchmo

The sky is the limit. Depending upon your goals, you may be better off selling it and starting with a hi-perf motor like a 260/280/drag. What boat is it in and what do you want it to do?

Contractor

looking 4 some input flatoutally.. no need 2 b stressed..just wondering how it would reconize it need more fuel..??? tks..

BP1

Simon Motorsports or Brucato can fiddle with your ECU's fuel curve.

And just go ahead and put a contract on Flatout.

Last edited:

whipper

Theres a few 225 promax mods on the search. You can go wild with them as mentioned. But theres a point were if your realy going to go nuts you might want to start looking for a 260 power head to just bolt on for dollars and cents. For me I debated that Q. I just went heads and Brucato ACU. With those you can add more fuel to feed the heads and your limitter can be set were ever ya want it. Saftley with steel bore to 7500 prop to 7300. You can get a couple of MPH from the gearcase also if its done just right. Props well try ten keep two:big grin. You get the right one or two and that makes a differance also. OOORRRR just get a 260 or 280 with 260 electronics drop on and your doing 100+.

Last edited:

Fishforcash

My old promax is down in south tejas hurting some 260HP feelings. Its spun over 8k more than an occasion but its getting some better internals this winter I was told.

Best mota I have ever owned. Wish I had never sold this one.

Jimxb02

Cut the heads to 34cc and still run pump gas

Get Brucato ACU and set limiter to 7500 RPM

The above mods produce good performance without the expense of opening the motor.

If you want more ; I would get a Brucato SVS and open the exhaust by removing the inner can and drilling exhaust relief holes .

Beyond this, you will start to spend some serious money ---- light weight flywheel , drag tunner , cut ports and exhaust chest , top pin pistons , static and dynamic balance of internal parts ---- etc. At this point getting a 260 or 280 would be the better option.

Good luck !!!

Jim

18ftswitzer

My 225 was stock, then I put a SVS on it. It was definatly worth it, big difference. When I put it on I noticed it had aftermarket reeds. Other than that I just plan on getting a ACU, cutting the heads, adding a 1" spacer, doing some custom mid mods, and probably removing the oil pump to run pre-mix.

whipper

My 225 was stock, then I put a SVS on it. It was definatly worth it, big difference. When I put it on I noticed it had aftermarket reeds. Other than that I just plan on getting a ACU, cutting the heads, adding a 1" spacer, doing some custom mid mods, and probably removing the oil pump to run pre-mix.
That all sound nice!
Ya I 86ed the oil injection when I got the acu. I started hearing of oil pump failiers and with the new revs didnt want to take a chance on a system that fails even with a stock limmiter. I accually thought it was going to be a PITA but I like the secuity and with the mix containers with ratios its a snap takes 60sec longer for a fill and no leaning over the builge with a jug of oil anymore hoping I dont spill!!:gasp

1badss

Banned
Damnit T I thought I learned ya better!! Russ Benton has a 225 modded on his xb2003 turning 103 in the quatea. Ya kin definetley get em to turn up. How come ya didn't call back the other day? I didn't insult ya did eye? ;-)