225 Injector oring

LakeAnna

Need a part number for o rings on the 225x injectors. Looking at the manual it list to check and replace them if needed.
I can not find them on the micro card parts breakdown, nothing mentioned or listed that I can find anywhere.

btw, one fouled plug renders this bad boy useless.:furious

allimax

When I had my injectors done the O-rings were supplied with the cleaned & flowed injectors. I asked about getting new O-rings for the two metal tubes that go from the fuel rail though the intake and was told you have to buy the kit that was now over $500. I re-used the old ones at the time but would love to size them up so we could buy them from McMaster-Carr. The new O-rings that came back with my injectors were a little big and took a lot of lube and pressure to get them back in the fuel rail. They looked like automotive injector O-rings to me. Bottom line, does anybody know what sizes or part #'s the different O-rings for the fuel injection systems are or is talking about this taboo for fear of hurting Mother Mercury who now wants $500 for a bag of O-rings?

86voyager

Any hydraulic place can hook you up. there's a few different kinds of o-rings, and then all the diameters.

allimax

Who "did" your injectors?
I had mine done by Don Weed, sent the cages to Jay for new TDR's and to have him replace the 3 reed cages that were cracked. I can size up the O-rings OK but I thought (and bet) someone here has already done that homework. For most we have to tear down, size them up, figure out what material ( Viton, Buna-N, etc.) would hold up best with todays fuels and then order them in. Why go through all that if someone already knows?

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
When Brucato did my injectors they put new O rings on them. I may have took the old O rings off before sending them in but I don't remember. They could probably tell you what you need.

You are right about the plugs - one plug not quite right and it will not get on plane. I had to idle 9 miles upstream on the Ohio River last summer because I couldn't find my spare plugs. (I found them later - They were in the boat right where I put them.)

Last edited:

LakeAnna

I hear ya on the long idle I made it back after long cold ride.

The orings do come when they (Brucato) do the injectors. I noticed though that the grommets can be an issue. This thing is 10 years old so I guess I need those 25.00 jewels. That's each! wtf
I'm talking about the grommets that go on the fuel rail #840893 . You already went tough this once didn't you?

Last edited: