2019 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3

buddyjorde

My new truck has a handy little trailering profile inside the dash screen that keeps track of your fuel mileage while you’re pulling a trailer. I’ve figured my fuel mileage with other pickups but it can vary from trip to trip... this one keeps the average for the whole time you’ve pulled, trip after trip and only when your trailer is connected. After several trips with my new pickup, seems like my average mpg hovers around 10.5 mpg pulling an XB21Prosport. Wondering how that compares to late model Dodge, Ford, Toyota, ect half ton pickups?

Attachments

R

Revlimiter

That’s a neat little feature. Have you hand calculated it to see if it’s accurate? That seems a bit low.

chad202

Is yours an 8speed tranny? I've had two of the 8 speed 5.3 and didn't like either for pulling. But I found it got better fuel mileage pulling in manual 7th gear. I would get 10ish in normal and 11-12 in manual 7. I now have a 19 Ram and average 15 with same boat.

buddyjorde

That’s a neat little feature. Have you hand calculated it to see if it’s accurate? That seems a bit low.
I have not calculated to check the accuracy, but just going by miles I travel and gallons I put in at the pump, it seems pretty accurate just quick math in my head.

buddyjorde

Is yours an 8speed tranny? I've had two of the 8 speed 5.3 and didn't like either for pulling. But I found it got better fuel mileage pulling in manual 7th gear. I would get 10ish in normal and 11-12 in manual 7. I now have a 19 Ram and average 15 with same boat.
Yes it’s the 8 speed. Next time we tow, I will try 7th for pulling. I could sure see if the engine is lugging it would use more fuel. Will let you know!