2018 Watts Bar Allison Rally!!!!!

Allyfishing

Hey Guys.....It's that time again!!! Been a while since I've been on here and I almost didn't know how to start a new post with the new format.....Yeah, I know, I'm not the sharpest too in the shed!!! Give me a break....I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger!!

DATES....JUNE 17, 2018 to JUNE 24, 2018

I know the event is labeled as "National Allison Rally 2018" but what say we change that to "7'TH ANNUAL WATTS BAR ALLISON RALLY 20XX" each year?? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Rally has been held on Watts Bar since 2011, right? How about some feedback on that?

Anyway, the location is Terrace View Marina, Spring City, TN. http://www.terraceviewmarina.com/

I tried calling there today and I got an answering machine with their mailbox full so I couldn't leave a message. I will reach out to Skewby (lives at the bar) and see what's up.

Hopefully the admin will see this and put up the post(s) from last year so any new owner wishing to attend can read up on what goes on till we get more info out on this years.

Yes, there will be an owners fishing tourny as well. How many years have we been hosting that?? X'TH ANNUAL ALLISON FISHING TOURNAMENT"

Stay tuned

Freebird

Well, seeing how it's been a month since anybody posted anything, I figured I'd post something...

Something

Jr in Jax

We might make this one for a day or so since we are going to my Wife's 50 th High School reunion in Baton Rouge on June the 30th.

skewby

still working on the shirts. if i can get them approved i'm going to try to have yellow shirts this year. i will be doing a shrimp boil and spaghetti for monday and tuesday. wed will be pizza and draft beer supplied by the local yacht club. i've got my end of season baseball tourny this week. then ill run into spring football for 2 weeks, then it will be full time rally prep. just get to the bar ang bring on another thrill.

Freebird

I'm hoping to be a daily participant this year, but I flat forgot about the dates when I booked a hotel for me and my son on the OBX the weekend of the 23rd. Stopped by Long Island Marina this past weekend, and Marla was talking about looking forward to seeing everybody and that she has a food truck lined up. The new deck is really nice, and they've added additional docks near the fuel dock. That's when it hit me. Changed our reservations and will head out Sunday morning instead of Friday.

I really hope it works out that everybody can/will drag their boats to the factory again this year like we did year before last. I think it's fun to have them all back where they came from. Missed that last year.

Freebird

I say we go to the factory for the river run this year too. I haven't done that trip in a while.
Works for me. We could all meet at Calhoun's for lunch either before or after a visit to the factory. Not trying to change anything as I haven't seen an itinerary for this year's event to know if/when the Allison's are expecting us. I'm assuming they aren't planning a lunch this year.

peteylen

Anybody got a itinerary for the rally, doesn't seem to be as much info going around like it was 3yrs ago,

Jr in Jax

What is the distance from Kingston to the factory? With my new engine I am getting about 7-8 MPG.

Jr in Jax

It's a LONG way by boat with a lock in between. Everybody just trailers their boats up there from Watts Bar.
I have been through those locks before with the boat and out PWCs and it took about 1 1-2 hours to cycle through / back.

Freebird

I have been through those locks before with the boat and out PWCs and it took about 1 1-2 hours to cycle through / back.
You can hit that lock wrong (barge traffic) and sit for a long time. I think 5 hours is my record for that one. It's about 80 miles from Terrace View to the bend in the river which leads into Louisville Landing and Allison. It's another 23 miles from there to Calhoun's in Knoxville. Hit things wrong coming back, and you'll be in the dark.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Are you speaking literally or figuratively?----I only qualify for one....

Allyfishing

good info here.

Last year we did the Rally Tournament and factory day on Thursday. this year the tourny will still be on Thursday to avoid the weekend tourny's and crowds. It could be changed back to Saturday if preferred.

We could always move factory day back to Friday. Visit the factory in the morning by 9:00AM, visit til around noon, launch the boats at Loudon and head right up to Calhouns for lunch. Leisurely head back to Loudon and trailer back to Watts BAr for Friday nites banquet.

We do not lock thru anywhere so you don't have to worry about that.

JR you have enough gas to go from the dam at the Bar to the dam at Loudon (approx 50+ miles) with your boat/motor combo. I have a 300XS on a tournament loaded XB21 Basport Pro and last year my wife and I used 9 gallon running around 50 to 60 MPH fro Watts BAr to the dam Below Loudon when a few of us made that trip.

The distance from Loudon by the factory to the stadium in Knoxville where Calhouns is wold be about 22 miles if memory serves me.

I will get working on an itinerary AFTER I hear from the majority what they would like to do. We change things up every few years so that it does not become mundane by doing the same thing every year.

I will start a post on the Rally Tourny and one for the decision of Factory Day/River Run to Calhouns.