200XS winterizing

aeneas

You can do a service on the engine and also run it with anti-freeze coolant and that QuickSilver fuel additive. Put grease on shafts and lubrication points. Put battery on maintenance charging. Store indoors.

If you can find the service manuals for these engines, they are gold! Good luck! :) dokumentation.jpg

aeneas

I used to run it thru the cooling channels so there was no water left and also for non corrosion purposes.

Lotus 50

I've got some BRP fule stabilizer in the tank and will add some Merc stabilizer when I take the boat across the lake to be trailered out. It's on a 'lift' now, but it goes in the garage for the winter. I think I will take it to a dealer for winterizing. It has to go to a dealer to have the ECU read to see if my break in is complete. I've never paid to have a motor winterized before, but if it's already going to a dealer and I don't have the manual, I guess that's it.

mxzx

The service manual says to :
run fuel stabilizer through the motor
Remove spark plugs and add an oz of engine oil to each cyl and rotate by hand. Reinstall plugs. Couple of the plugs are almost impossible to remove due to the wiring harness in the way.
Empty water separating filter.
Drain and refill gearcase.
Store in vertical position.
Also read somewhere it is good to add a drop of oil in the top of the compressor.
Hope this helps.

Lotus 50

What is the filter part number that I need? I think I'll do the service myself. $13 5Cdn (about $100 US) an hour plus an hour each way to the dealer is too much. Would a universal joint socket wrench help getting the bottom plugs?

I think I'm out of break in, but will need the computer read to know for sure. 86 so far, WOT but the engine just high enough to level the boat (ie not lean to the left). Acceleration is a bit slower than the 225 PM, but that's probably due to the 1.75 gears. I'll try my 26 Trophy next year.

I have enough time to be out of break in mode, if the computer accepted all my 10 minute intervals. Hours 2-4 of break in are 10 minute intervals of 4000-5400 rpm, or about 55-80 mph. The higher speeds were difficult due to boat wakes and limited lake size. If I lift the throttle for a boat wake, does it not count the 10 minute interval? It will take a computer read to know.