200XS low end torque

Lotus 50

I ran my 200XS with 3 people for the first time on Sunday. SS2000. Last year I ran a 28 T4X and thought it accelerated fine with one or two on board. Sunday with a 26 Trophy, all vents plugged, ring between lower unit and gearcase, it was a dog getting on a plane.

Does it just need to vent some to accelerate? I have a 24 Drag 4 to try next, or I could start removing vents from the Trophy.

dubmoney

Throw the Trophy in the trash can. Those are for Rangers. Half kidding.... I bet the drag will work great. I would think 26-28 ET is the prop for you? What lower unit and engine height?

Lotus 50

Actually for the money I like Trophy's . At least I did with my previous 225 Promax. A worked 28 Trophy was a great prop and may still be. Sportmaster gearcase, fat shaft, 15" gearcase full down on the lift. I will raise it to try for speed.

I have a bunch of props to try: 24 Drag 4, 26 Trophy, 28 Hoss Triton, 28 worked Trophy, 28 Hydromotive T4X, and a 29 Hydromotive QIV. I think I just need 3. One for acceleration, one for carrying people on long trips, and one for going 90 mph. I only aspire to 90. I may try the drag 4 next or pulling vents next.

Lotus 50

I pulled the vents and the ring. It planed much much better, mid range was great, and it ran 87 with barely any steering. I was holding my cell phone in my right hand to check the speed. There might have been more. Every tap of the jackplate was 1-2 mph.

At any rate my motor is not sick.

It's interesting that my prior 225 Promax slipped way too much without the vents plugged and the ring.

aeneas

I had a Shook Mazco RE3 30p and hopped up on plane with three people on board. That prop did everything for me.

Lotus 50

I sit corrected. The Drag 4 was way better than the Trophy up to 80. A bit slower at top end, 2 less pitch will do that. The Trophy was $100 cheaper, so for the money it's still good.