200xs Air Compressor Failure

Ally03 200xs

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a replacement? They retail around $1200 and the cheapest I could find online was around $900 from ishopmarine.com.

My air compressor brackets broke when I was going about 80 and the engine just cut out.

Check out this picture:

GotMyAlly

Hard to tell from the pic and I've never seen one in person, but could you take it to a welding shop and have the bracket welded up? Looks like it may be pot metal so that probably won't weld too well, but maybe it could be gussetted for reinforcement.

Lightning

Mine failed on my 2.5XS and the mechanic I use, who is a good friend, said Merc only sells the compressor as a unit. After he did some research he found that you can buy the parts individually. May save some money to just buy the housing.

Ally03 200xs

Mine failed on my 2.5XS and the mechanic I use, who is a good friend, said Merc only sells the compressor as a unit. After he did some research he found that you can buy the parts individually. May save some money to just buy the housing.
I couldn't find a part number for the just the housing, so I just bought a new one. (Ouch!!) The new air compressor I install has a 4 point mounting system compared to a 3 point mounting system of the old compressor. What I think caused my air compressor to fail was the air compressor block stud backed out stressing the mounts that broke. I found the stud at the bottom of my case with the nut still attached.